calling S3 owners

Effect

Reaction score
At idle (i think when warmed up) the engine is not sat at a certain revs it hunts up and down, only very slightly BUT this causes a ever so slight vibration that can be felt through the seats.

Is this normal, if not what is the likely cause. I was thinking a dodgy MAF could cause it.

mine does this hunts a tiny bit, hardly noticable.

Mine does it as well i posted simalar thread a few weeks ago, mine hunts between 660 rpm and 720 rpm dont sound a lot but u can feel it though car. The rpm figures r from the read out on climate control display.

mine does this but without the vibration.

On my clio 172 a few years ago the vibration was the exhaust middle section not sealed properly to the cat

is your air con switched on this will always cause the engine to hunt or idle irratically but slightly. anything else could be throttle body, air filter, MAF.

Or proper vibration that actually reverberated through the whole chair, then flywheel as the dual mass ones are cack..

This can be caused by a vacuum leak. Check all your vacuum hoses for tears.

To all that have answered that yours does it to.

Can you feel the vibration through the seat when sat in it ?

The only reason I ask is I had a 306 that did this once when the cambelt let go and a couple of valves got bent ever so slightly and ended up with me having to sort it.

mine does this too, and i was hoping changing my knackered maf may sort it, and although its sorted my poor fuel ecconomy it still does it. it doesnt judder but you can tell it does it.

mine do does it aswell it is like a slight missfire blip then goes ok , car does go down in revs when aircon is on sucks quite a bit of power from the engine very noticeable when pulling away.