Calling all Sunroof owners

Pickle1970

Reaction score
Have any of you found any spots of dark grey grease forming on your roof?

Now I've had my 8V since September 14 and we had the roof open a few times in the weeks after picking her up, we were the victim of some jealous t*sser who scratched our rear bumper in a carpark two weeks after picking her up and we also had grease on the roof. I thought this had been thrown onto it at the same time as the scratch, but this weekend we've had the roof open a few times and i noticed some more grey grease on the roof. Could this be coming off the underside of the sunroof?

Has anyone else with a sunroof noticed anything like this?

seconded on the jealous t*sser I had picked my car up and not even 12 hours later I was at the detailers where I found a ****** great scratch in the rear bumper, he did his best to get it out and did a very good job, but if you look close enough its still there. Some very horrid people out there.

As for the grease, yes I have it too, I noticed it after I had, had the sunroof open during a drive, I haven't investigated further.

Hmmm sounds like it could be to coincidental not to be the sunroof dropping it on the roof. I will keep an eye out as well as it seems a bad design if it is.

No not experienced any grease on the sunroof !

Cant wait for the summer !

Had my S3 a year now and not noticed or found any grease spots on the sunroof

Picture ?

Maybe if we can see what you mean we can suggest a product to remove?