1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Bilstein PSS/PSS9 Owner about Rear Spring

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jomnhta, Jan 31, 2008.

1. jomnhta

jomnhta Member

[Jan 31, 2008]
    Hi all, I would like to hear from you guys if all the Bilstein PSS/PSS9 have a very short rear spring that looks like all the way compressed?

A member had posted about this before and the conclusion in his thread suggested all of them are the same. I am wondering if that's the case, it seems like the spring only supports the car at the top and last coil only and it will definitely shorten the life span of the spring. Is this the case? Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. jomnhta

jomnhta Member

[Feb 4, 2008]
    nobody here got the PSS installed on their car?
  4. simch

simch Active Member

[Feb 4, 2008]
    no one admitting to the dodgy rear springs!!

As you have seen it looks weird and IMO is just plane wrong!

Avoid is my advice, go for the b8 sport dampers sand and H and R springs and save bundles of cash too! Oh the car handles on them as well!
  5. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2008]
    Not an S3, but while at Storm the other day there was a MK4 R32 getting the PSS9 installed. They had only done the rears when I got there and have to say they were bloody short on viewing. Haven't seen the final set-up so can't comment, though I saw Dave B's car there, so he may have spotted it more and could comment....