1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calipers Painted

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by AudiJohn, Oct 5, 2009.

1. AudiJohn

AudiJohn Member

Hi Guys, just thought i'd post some pics up of the sunday just gone project, i know the nothing special as they are standard but i think it tidies the calipers up nicely with them painted. I did 2 coats on each and used Enamel gloss black plastikote from b&q @3.48per tin. Let me know what you think guy's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

Have you painted the edge of the discs??
    :think:

4. SmoothAssault

SmoothAssault Will design for mods

callipers look good, but I REALLY hope that is heat resistant paint.

5. AudiJohn

AudiJohn Member

stoakseyA4 - yes i painted the edges due to standing out from the back plate which i had painted ,

SmoothAssault - As my mrs drives the car daily i'm hoping she doesn't brake everywhere with the intention of making the discs glow, if it was ordinary gloss it would just melt of them under heavy braking but being enamel it should bake on, i have checked them today after a couple of days of being on and the paint is still intact and smooth. I'll let you know if i have any issue's with them in the future.

6. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

I've used that product on my rear calipers, and were fine after a session on track...

7. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Good job there AudiJohn.
    I somehow got confused with the B&Q stuff from how many variations there was so bought the Halfords Caliper paint instead for my S4 Calipers, Finally getting fitted tomorrow :eyebrows:

8. AudiJohn

AudiJohn Member

I'm pleased with them mate and like stoaksey said if they survived a track session they should last , i bet your calipers will look spot on behind the black wheels. For anyone who is interested it's called 'Plasti -kote fast dry enamel' i bought x2 59ml pots in Gloss Black, i gave each caliper 2 coats and i used just over one pot, you can't grumble at £3.48 a pot and you can pick from a selection of colours.