Caliper piston stuck. Help!!

daz-20vt

Reaction score
hi guys. ive recently stripped my r32 calipers to have them painted and decided to replace all the seals at the same time. ive started to fit the seals and dust covers. but one of the pistons has made it half way in and wont budge. it will turn fairly easily but not come in or out. has anh one got any tips on this i can try? its really stressing me out so any help would be very much appriciated. thanks. daz

Its sounds like the piston has tipped a little, pump pliers or an air line would get the piston out, did you lube the seal with a little brake fluid before you put it back together?

yes mate coated it properly. im so annoyed. nothing goes right lol. it was going easy then just stopped. i have no way of getti g an air line easily. pump pliers? the open outwards? thanks for reply. daz

Yeah if you use a large pair of water pump pliers on the outside edge at the top of the piston (the part that touches the pads) you can do the twist and pull to get it out dude :)

ok great. worst thing is you need 3 pairs of hands. thanks again im going to try this. daz

lol i know that feeling well, to hands to pull on the pliers and 2 to hold the caliper

just take it to petrol station and use there air. if you have a football adaptor put that in the blead hole and connect the other end to the air: