Caliper colour?

barkclark

Reaction score
Anyone got some ideas on caliper colour for my Monza Silver Avant? Anyone got pictures of the colour they have gone for? Cheerzzz

4df3dbacc92aff012cb6ff36e5f2632b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well Audi have started going back to red, which is predictable. Does blue float your boat, (perhaps a little too BMW-esque?)

Well Audi have started going back to red, which is predictable. Does blue float your boat, (perhaps a little too BMW-esque?)
Im quite open minded. I suppose id need to see examples of what people have with the Monza Silver to get an idea. All I know is that I dont want silver as itll be too clashy

It all depends how much you want it to stand out. I’ve painted mine sky blue on my meteor grey.

If I were you I would go navy blue.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Reactions: barkclark
It all depends how much you want it to stand out. I’ve painted mine sky blue on my meteor grey.

If I were you I would go navy blue.

Yeah im thinking a dark colour if anything. Sorta wanna keep it "OEM+"

Another thought ive had. Are V6T badges on the wing a no no? I beleive you get them on the V6 Q5?

Yeah im thinking a dark colour if anything. Sorta wanna keep it "OEM+"

Another thought ive had. Are V6T badges on the wing a no no? I beleive you get them on the V6 Q5?

I’ve you haven’t got v6 I wouldn’t but v6t badge on it. S4 have those badges as well.

You can consider some decals on callipers though.

I’ve you haven’t got v6 I wouldn’t but v6t badge on it. S4 have those badges as well.

You can consider some decals on callipers though.

Well my A4 is a 3.0tdi V6?

I would buy some grey stud covers for a start - will help "de-clash" :playful:
Paint black or gunmetal. The calipers aren't that big so painting them a bright colour would look a bit odd.

I would buy some grey stud covers for a start - will help "de-clash" :playful:
Paint black or gunmetal. The calipers aren't that big so painting them a bright colour would look a bit odd.
You've actually just pointed out they arent there. Idiots at the garage must not of put them back on! I had grey ones aswell!

@barkclark - Caliper colour ?

Black, but I am a little biased :D

7fgvkdNl.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk, barkclark and L80EWY
Black / Blue / Copper (ish)
1d7e3326b1b1cc38b59a2814bdb5c709.jpg
16395e649328e0358701d341b4225d91.jpg
e41a76c05f9c1afdec506c6ae913c9dc.jpg

Reactions: DieselJake
Painted my 6pots gloss black but they don’t stand out behind the dark alloys despite being enormous calipers

Attachments

• 49C00EE3-FCD3-4E0A-A2DE-6502990E62C2.jpeg
    49C00EE3-FCD3-4E0A-A2DE-6502990E62C2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 269
Painted my 6pots gloss black but they don’t stand out behind the dark alloys despite being enormous calipers
Due to not standing out would you choose something different if you were to do it again?

Due to not standing out would you choose something different if you were to do it again?

No I like the subtle OE look, personally I don’t think bright coloured calipers suit the Audi image and can look tacky if done poorly.

I went with a black & silver combo with Audi rings on my avant.

D32C6472 89B3 42C9 9182 DEA9480AE593
E35488BE 0BCE 4623 9CF3 9CAF08AC24DE

2ED5A339 A4B6 47DB 832B BEEC44B03A96

Reactions: Dunedin and barkclark
I went with yellow, Iv Seen green on a grey car It went well

Reactions: RS5 JON and barkclark
1a314d636bc91ab187ca0bf8e10c006c.jpg

Purple (sorry about the mucky wheel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrisKrk and barkclark
soon as get the chance im going red on my mine just cos i like red

Attachments

• WP_20170622_002.jpg
    WP_20170622_002.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 246
1a314d636bc91ab187ca0bf8e10c006c.jpg

Purple (sorry about the mucky wheel)

Great colour. Something unique.

Love the rotors. What size you’ve went for (front + rear).

I’ve just came back from afternoon battle with mines.

Went with silver as have a theme of Grey car colour with matt Black and Silver details. Very little chrome left on the car.

e5b4d08182586bff0095eae7270bc892.jpg
06c4ee9140badfbfeaad90a102b71624.jpg

Please, forgive me filthy wheels.
Glad I did not taken the picture of the whole dirty car

Reactions: CHEZ and Steveredman
Oh, and got the disk vents in same silver as callipers but dust shield and hubs in matt Black.

just to throw a spanner in the works, also depends on what calipers you have fitted, big brembo's look good painted red ,blue and yellow on most colour bodywork , other calipers look better in black or silver , I think its the shape etc of the caliper and how they look in a certain colour.
my old bus is brilliant black and a B7 with bembo's 18Z 's which look way better in red tan the oem ones did.
Ass1
Rt1

Great colour. Something unique.

Love the rotors. What size you’ve went for (front + rear).

Hi Kris,

They are the standard 347 front and 330 rear, kept the original calipers (got them painted) and swapped the discs for the EBC turbogrooves.

The main reason I stayed away from red/yellow/blue paint was precisely because I don't have Brembo multipot calipers, and wanted them to look good without it looking like I am 'pretending' to have posh brake calipers. I have been tempted a couple of times to grab a pair of 18Z calipers from eBay though!

Reactions: KrisKrk
Exactly same here.

I even once thought about those plastic calliper covers imitating brembo’s. That was quickest moment in my life. Lol

Once my disks will wear out, I’ll get something drilled and grooved.

I've seen those plastic things, they aren't fooling anyone! Lol

Reckon they would mess the cooling up as well, extra layer of insulation.

The EBC discs come painted so you get the rust protection on the outside vent area which is good.

Went on EBC website and they do some disk’s for my car.
Might look into it when ready.

Yes, cooling would be an issue wit h those covers. Plus, every pad change, you’ll probably destroy them.

Have you chose the colour yet, @barkclark?
Wonder if any of us gave an idea to follow or did you went with something totally different?

For me it's always black or silver unless you're in an obvious sports car like a Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.

I think Audi's new trend of sticking red calipers on RS models cheapens them to be honest.

The problem is it's a day 1 go to mod for really nasty chav cars. I feel painting them bright on an Audi hatch, saloon, estate etc. brings you closer to the mondeo below rather than the sports car you might of had in mind.

I'd say this rule especially applies to floating caliper. They should never be made to stand out.

My two:
297df01538c1114062b49b8ec557110b.jpg
c3f20851e7fad264563d5588967f5b6b.jpg
1c697902a74e3ef0f0ea74ae7a507812.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: glenandem, barkclark and Cerbera9
Went on EBC website and they do some disk’s for my car.
Might look into it when ready.

Yes, cooling would be an issue wit h those covers. Plus, every pad change, you’ll probably destroy them.

Have you chose the colour yet, @barkclark?
Wonder if any of us gave an idea to follow or did you went with something totally different?

Probably just going to go with black. Boring I know. Dont like red or silver. I really like a sort of dark copper colour but think it will maybe be a bit too lairy / maybe cheapen the look of the standard calipers on my avant!

Copper on B6 S4 big brake kit...
a57e35445c1cd73bbfc23cf7a0d697d7.jpg
99cf645494fc8ed991c3c9503abc94eb.jpg

Reactions: Dunedin and KrisKrk
whatever happened to personal choice , if you like a colour then go with it and if you don't like it change it , its not rocket science.
Asking for advise on this sort of subject is very good but you are in a way asking what other owners like on there cars , which kinda defeats the point really.
If you like the idea of bronze/copper colour then why not try it , what's the worse that can happen, you just change it , as you have already asked the question about painting your calipers then the idea is in your head so why not do it but in a colour you really like instead of a colour that others say is best.

Your car, your choice really and personal choice is all that matters unless you want to be told what colour to use....
just my thoughts.
and no my calipers are not tacky red covers , they are real .

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanJonS4 and barkclark
Also, pretty much any colour will look better than the standard "chunks of rusty metal".

Looking forward to seeing the result anyway!

Cheers for all the input guys. Gonna go copper. Maybe wait till i get bigger brakes. Then if i dont like it ill go black. Cheers for all your help. Appreciate it!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Cheers for all the input guys. Gonna go copper. Maybe wait till i get bigger brakes. Then if i dont like it ill go black. Cheers for all your help. Appreciate it!

I was admiring the coppery calipers on the safety car at the US Grand Prix (qualifying) while reading and writing on this thread last night. Should look good

Good choice chap.....hope you get it all sorted out to your liking.