Caliper Colour Choice

Rom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I've got a set of S3 front brakes to go on, in black, paint is Ok, few little marks but nothing to worry about. They are a bit dull, though not sure how glossy they are meant to be?

I may also nab a set of cupra r rears, which are red.

Now, paint rears black or fronts red? That is the question.
I know it's personal taste, I just can't decide. I do like to oe black, but have always previously had red calipers. Thought a bit boy racer, they do also look nice.

Black car, with silver wheels.

Can't help except to empathise - I'd be exactly the same as you; red calipers are a bit chavvy, but the secret chav inside of me quite likes them.

Go red, and get your wheels done in something darker too :)

I did think Kawasaki green...
Although I do like red, and even more lairy colours, I'm reluctant to make it too chavvy. It's not a hot hatch after all.

Trouble is, there is no other colour on the car, so nothing would really 'match' anything.
Though that also means nothing would clash.

My vote is solar orange too. Black and orange is a great mix

Solar orange would mean spraying them with standard paint. Ive seen 1 set of Brembos done like that, but they were pretty flat and smooth.

Its doable, just a lot more work. Like the idea though ;)

Its got to be red. :) x

That was my initial thought. So much so, i bought red paint!
But then my friends started with the, leave them black, paint them green etc.

Kawasaki green is nice as is solar orange, but red is awesome, especially with the black and silver. You made the right choice. Classy not chavvy. Lol. :) x

Halfords special "glow in the dark" florescent yellow :)

In all seriousness, best thing to do is to take a side on pic, and play with the colours in paint or photoshop to get an idea of what they may look like... It's how I did mine :)

Its got to be red. :) x

Ditto. I like it because the red picks up the red detailing on the exterior S-Line badges, threshold plates and moulded lettering on front seats.