1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabriolets

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by p1tse, Nov 22, 2013.

1. p1tse

p1tse Member

Apologies for the random questions but thought keeping title simple might help others in future too

So all things cabriolet....

- any advice on these, things to be mindful, check, regular maintain ?
    - cleaning tips
    - car seat for toddlers and young kids advice and space?

Thanks
  2. Bright Blue

Bright Blue New Member

I have just bought a 53 plated one. Looked over it and waiting for the dealer to have a few things attended to. Armrest was an issue. Catch had broken so when up the lid flaps. Also the near side glovebox hinge was loose. The only thing I noticed too was that the Esp button warps and bubbles. But this is a general fault with Audi's and that specific button so I have read. Check the roof seals and the head lining for water stains. A lot of choice out there.

I went for a V6 auto quattro. I felt that it was a buy one get one free situation. Topless in summer and Quattro for winter. Which is why I chose it over a 330.
  3. p1tse

p1tse Member

Quattro still won't help you if its snow on the ground as the summer tyres go solid

Thanks

I've had a newer 3.2v6 before in dsg version so would like a manual

Thinking 1.8t for a compromise on performance and be more tourer
    What does it remap too these?

Or s4 if budget allows

But will be low budget

Does yours have a space saver or a spare?
  4. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

... He didn't say anything about tyres :huh:

Think 1.8t maps differently depending on which bhp model (but I'm sure someone will confirm or correct this)

All b6's come with a regular spare rather than space saver far as I've seen but you're buying a car that's approximately ten years old so who knows what will be in the boot.
    Bright Blue likes this.
  5. Bright Blue

Bright Blue New Member

If you have the time then you need to try and research 'manheim' auctions. The one I picked up came from there. I bought it off an independent trader. They sell all cars coming in through audi dealer networks by all accounts there are a few cabs coming in.

Like jake says the boot held surprises. Namely a mint condition wind deflector in its bag. Yes it does have a space saver. Use once only plastered all over it.

Always have a good search through the car. I found a business card under the seat and rang the previous keeper on her mobile. It was a right result as she was able to give a true reflection on the time she had spent with the car. Which was all good!

As as for the tyres. I haven't taken delivery of the car yet, give me a chance to get some winters!!
  6. BRILLO

BRILLO Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  7. sammi

sammi Member

there is a little lug hole at the top of the front pillars on the cab that need to be cleaned out to prevent the roof from leaking ! we also have problems closing the passenger door first thing on a really frosty morning as i guess the roof must slightly move and be out of kimbo in the real cold we have had several audis and i will say that in the uk audi have defo got the quattro spot on ... last winter in the snow our s4 came into its own leaving our front wheel drive a4 parked up at home! Summer tyres.... mine stay on all year round and work as they should ;0) I have a full size spare too.

We have children and currently have a maxi cosi stage 2 car seat in the back...it is quite windy in the back with the roof down so when the kids are in the car we tend to do slower trips or have the roof up !i just remove the car seat when i have the wind deflector in, which is usually when I'm in it alone. I can fit a buggy in the boot too.
  8. p1tse

p1tse Member

Sammi, thanks

Pics of car seats in would be good to gauge how much leg room left

Don't think I would take seats out if I had one

Is the wind deflector standard
  9. sammi

sammi Member

ill take a pic for you in day light, there is not a lot of leg room with the big car seat in, we have just today put a grace junior maxi seat in the car and there is now a lot more space. I think with regards to the wind deflector it just depends on the car you buy, some have them, some don't, i bought mine 2nd hand on e bay and it was really worth it.
  10. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

I picked up a wind deflector on ebay but rarely use it to be honest and I'm over 6' tall ! My cab has a full size spare that's never need used and I have had 4 adults in it including me for long trips no worries. My 5 year old neice loved being in the back in a car seat too.

great cars except when they fill up with water lol...see one of my recent posts but I would buy another one again without hesitation.
  11. p1tse

p1tse Member

Thanks cabbyfan
    I'll look out for your posts