Cabriolet Cleaning and Care

brian1970

Reaction score
Hi, Folks.
What do the Cabro owners use for cleaning and general looking after the cabro hood ?
WHen you wash the car do you wash the hood ?

In new to this Cabro hood stuff, i normally spray entire vehicle with a concentrated Commercial Acid cleaner and pressure wash off. lol !

When i wash the wifes A5 Cab i also wash the rood, just with normal shampoo as if its a normal roof, it is fine for pressure washing aswell, although i do need to find a good product to clean it and protect it because round the edges it is starting to get abit green.

Mine was green round the edges before i bought it from the dealer.
I said they had to make it look like new before i would buy the car.
They did, its totally imaculate and now looks like a brand new roof.

I wonder what they used ?

Renovo products come highly recommended. I bought the cleaner, colour, and sealer/protector about 5 years ago but sold my convertible before I had chance to use it and never needed it since. Will be using it on my new cab when the weather fairs up. I've never heard any negatives about it, and when I spent a lot of time looking, it was the one product which was recommended over and over again. Not too pricey either.

I use this stuff on my roof
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/303-fabric/vinyl-convertable-cleaner/prod_487.html

It's amazing I used the whole bottle and gave the roof a very good clean then after I sealed it with the protector. Once it was dried it made the roof amazing and it looked like new. I even had a couple of people ask if I had replaced the roof.

I don't clean the roof when I wash the car I just hose it down and remove the dirt and bird poo

If you scrub and wash the roof too often it removes the protective layer that you spray on. Once the protector Is on it makes the water form droplets and then it runs away. its a quality product well worth the money :) I reproof the roof when it doesn't form droplets.

Definitely recommend the 303 cleaner & protector. Used it on all my cabriolets and it works a treat. As for jet washing the hood, definitely a no no!

Miltons tablets ( for baby bottles) gets rid of the green stuff. Have known the odd dealer to use Fabsil on the roof - it works really well and has the added benefit of making the roof look new.

THank you for the replies,
Sounds like my roof needs treatment, as water just seems to soak into the roof ! >?? :(

On all my details i thoroughly pre-soak with megs cab cleaner with apc, give it a good scrub, rinse and dry then protect it with g-techniq fabric protect

I use this stuff on my roof
303 Fabric/Vinyl Convertable Cleaner - Clean Your Car

It's amazing I used the whole bottle and gave the roof a very good clean then after I sealed it with the protector. Once it was dried it made the roof amazing and it looked like new. I even had a couple of people ask if I had replaced the roof.

I don't clean the roof when I wash the car I just hose it down and remove the dirt and bird poo

If you scrub and wash the roof too often it removes the protective layer that you spray on. Once the protector Is on it makes the water form droplets and then it runs away. its a quality product well worth the money :) I reproof the roof when it doesn't form droplets.

Gaz, that 303 product is the cleaner I guess... what do you use to re-proof? Or does the cleaner do it...?

Gaz, that 303 product is the cleaner I guess... what do you use to re-proof? Or does the cleaner do it...?

Yes the first link to the 303 is the cleaner and this stuff is the protector

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/303-high-tech-fabric-guard/prod_175.html

If water soaks into the roof it's time to reseal it once the protector has dried the water will form beads and run off.

I need to do mine as its starting to soak in and not bead like it should.

Yes the first link to the 303 is the cleaner and this stuff is the protector

303 High Tech - Fabric Guard - Clean Your Car

If water soaks into the roof it's time to reseal it once the protector has dried the water will form beads and run off.

I need to do mine as its starting to soak in and not bead like it should.

Thanks mate.. great stuff, will give it a go. Mine is soaking in a lot at the moment..

Ive bought myself some 303 cleaner (from polished bliss - was much better value that most other places I saw, with free delivery too!) and a can of fabsil waterproofer.. just need to wait for a dry couple of days now and a weekend morning! Will let you know how i get on..