1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabriolet Canvas showing signs of wear?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mighty tee, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mighty tee

mighty tee New Member

My wife's 1 year old A3 cab is starting to show "shiney" patches on the roof where I assume the canvass rubs. The roof gets used a lot however I wouldnt expect this sort of wear?

Also there is a bit of a pulled thread near the top corner of the door which we assume is rubbing (but can not be sure if it is perhaps a cat).

Anyone else with a cab out there with any comments on their roof?

Cheers

Richard
  2. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

3. royjk

royjk Member

Having just read your post I checked mine only to find wear patches. Have just returned from Sinclair Audi at Bridgend. Who were suprised at the state of my hood after 12 months & were under the opinion that it should be replaced & they had no problem doing so. Pics have been taken & a report is being prepared for Audi, so we now have to be patient for a few weeks to see Audi's response. Will let you know the outcome.
  4. ellywoo

ellywoo New Member

From my own experience there is definitely a problem with chafing on the A3 Cabriolet roofs and Audi are aware of it. So be polite and if your Audi dealer is up to the mark he will be aware that it is not an end-user generated fault.
  5. edition

edition Active Member

Yep a known issue with them.

They should replace F.O.C.