Cabriolet b7 rear valance on b6 cabriolet.

mattmanwrx

Used to have a wrx. Now an S4
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi people. Hoping a simple answer here..

I'm wanting quad pipes on my s4 cabrio, and know I need the b7 rear valance.

My question is, is the valance swappable on the cabriolet? I've read so much saying no it doesn't swap over on the b6, however, I've read some threads saying the cabriolet valance can be swapped over. Is there any truth on this? Mine looks like it is 2 pieces.

Second question, if it does fit, anyone got a part number?

Thanks, Matt.

It is def swappable as I have done it. There are also def threads on the subject as its been discussed a lot before. The part number will be on one of those threads.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Thanks for the reply. Whenever I do a search on if it is swappable, I get "NO, can't be swapped" response, as everyone has a saloon or avant.

Think I found the part number now anyway. Thanks a lot for the response though, will get ordering.

Edit: found this part number which looks like it is what I'm after. 8H0807521F 1RR - in case anyone else needs it

Ive done it with my cab. Do a search on my name.

B7 S4 CAB Rear valancs from TPS is app £169

Not only is it swappable it is simple to do too.

Ive done it with my cab. Do a search on my name.

B7 S4 CAB Rear valancs from TPS is app £169

Thanks buddy. Seem most of your posts (a lot of wheels for sale lol).

Seems it will be tps or Audi then, once I get my funds sorted.

BTW, love your car. Not sure if I want b7 lights though... Just want more sound from exhaust at the moment.

Also, another quick question. How is the ride with the springs? I have a problem getting on my drive, not sure if I can go low. My subabru would only get up the drive at a certain angle. Not sure if I want that again. Was on coilovers though...

Ride is very nice.
I questioned my insanith when payibg H&R prices, but they are excellent.
Ive prob lowered 35 cars in my time and these are the best.

20150405 155520

Reactions: jimbob79 and mattmanwrx
Will any valance fit (cab, saloon and avant) or just a cab one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Matt,

ANY B7 Cabriolet rear valance will fit ANY B6 Cabriolet. Only.

Saloons and Avant Rear valances are not interchangeable with the Cab.

Your choice is one of 3 rear valances off a B7 Cab;

1 - Non s line (looks crap)
2 - S line in platinum grey (looks lovely)
3 - S4 (2 twin exhaust exit for 4 tips as Passat16v)

I chose the platinum grey and got it sprayed gloss black and love it! (Thread coming hopefully this week)

There are 2 screws underneath rear valance which are easily removed HOWEVER, there are also 2 bas*ard pop rivets on either side of valance which I had to get drilled out!

Hope helps :)

Thanks Doc.

There is a b7 s4 rear valance for sale in the trading section of forums, I fear not from a cab, so won't fit my cab. Will keep looking!!

Thanks again!

Pleasure!

Best thing to do is keep looking on Ebay as I once saw an S line Rear valance (B7) 2nd hand for just £40 !! It only needed a good clean too.

But I ended up getting a brand new one from TPS. £139inc VAT

I want the s4 one for the quad tips. They don't come up very often and think a new one from tps is the way to go. I saw one on ebay from Germany from a dealer (I think) for like £350!!

Thanks again for the help.

Anytime. (when i know the answer haha)

Yes i would agree. Save yourself the hassle and get it from TPS. Definitely not £350 and that for a brand spanking new one!

Also, when you speak to them..and they give you a price, dont forget to say to them,

''Whats the best price you can do?'' And then make up a story that another TPS is selling for a bit cheeper but you (TPS you call) are local so want to give you the business. Works every time :)

Reactions: rjm180 and mattmanwrx
Def go for a new one. You could be waiting forever.

Wrapped

Attachments

• 20151128_151839.jpg
    20151128_151839.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 571

Looks nice but my cab is black, so would need to be painted same colour. I like the stock "grey/graphite". Think it makes it stand out a bit (on my black car)

But that does really suit your car. Maybe sooner black tips too.

Looks nice but my cab is black, so would need to be painted same colour. I like the stock "grey/graphite". Think it makes it stand out a bit (on my black car)

But that does really suit your car. Maybe sooner black tips too.

Totally agree with Matt.

You basically want a bit of contrast in my opinion. On a silver car..the black valance looks good (I did this)

On a silver car...the opposite would suit better.

Black Tips and black valance = :hubbahubba: