Cabin rattles, anyone got any solutions.

paul_r

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a few rattles in the cabin of my A3, notably the centre section of the handbrake. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have any solutions.
My previous car was a 3 series BMW which had nothing at all, so maybe my standards are a bit high. Having said that, i do find the interior of the A3 not as well put together.

Hi,
I have a few rattles in the cabin of my A3, notably the centre section of the handbrake. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have any solutions.
My previous car was a 3 series BMW which had nothing at all, so maybe my standards are a bit high. Having said that, i do find the interior of the A3 not as well put together.
depends which bmw we are talking about the new e90 cars are ***** but the older models are much better put together

Yes the 8P does suffer from creaks etc in that area, I am used to it now tbh, although I agree its crap how it does that in an area you maybe lean on allot.

My handbrake area is silent, am i just lucky? however there something behind my radio thats has a bit of a rattle every now and again,

my drivers seat creaks if i lean left lol but thats pretty much it.... gangsta lean to the right prob solved

i only have a rattle around my B pillar trim on the driver's side on rough roads. my 8P1 1.6 had EXACTLY the same rattle. no rattles anywhere else, ever

i also found my 8P1 was MUCH better put together than my R-reg E36 coupe

I have a occasional buzzzing from the B pillar where the seatbelt slider is but other than that nothing on my 7 year old 8P1

yeah i cant fault the 8p build quality mine has done 91k now and apart from the rear shelf its very well in there

I have a occasional buzzzing from the B pillar where the seatbelt slider is but other than that nothing on my 7 year old 8P1

yeah that's exactly what it is for both my 8Ps. i've gotten used to it tbh, but if there's a fix i'd love to know :)

Hi,

I noticed noises coming the handbrake too. It turned out to be the passenger seat belt buckle rubbing on the leather of the passenger seat bulster. Quick fix was a sheet of sticky back black felt from hobby craft cut to size and stuck on the back of the buckle. Hope that helps.

Rattles in the a3 make it feel cheap! Bimmers do seem really well put together. My old e39 5 series was excellent. Not a single rattle for a car that was 10 year old at the time.

Anyone got a cure for creaking front windows? Mine are terrible at the moment!

no rattles, got a few creaks on the cold mornings when it was in the minus's. I do hear the stupid weights that are on the parcel shelf strings sometimes. Wish i'd done the NHN mod of swapping the strings for the retactable ones of the 8L version when i had one sitting.

I have rough roads where i live and i have noticed a few noises, Something near the passenger door area, also when i go over nasty bumps in the roads my doors make a bit of a noise like they are rubbing against the rubber seals. Also the rear seats the plastic sides on the 3 door have a few creaks.

Its not bad but does annoy me a bit but i put it down to the s line suspension