1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cab roof problem

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by bowen, Jul 12, 2011.

1. bowen

bowen Member

[Jul 12, 2011]
    Hello,

after fixing my waterpump and clutch switch i thought my car was all better.....

I attempted to put the roof down when it just stopped, the roof storage lid hadnt opened at all. I tried to manually open the roof but when it came to closing the storge lid, it wouldnt go all the way down and lock. Now when i start the car i get 10 flashes of the roof light?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[Jul 12, 2011]
    Sounds like its not fully locked and hence out of sync. Try a full manual open and close on level ground. The procedure is in the handbook and there is a really good video on YouTube to.
  4. pachinnery

pachinnery Audi A4 Cab, 2.4 V6 2002,

[Jul 13, 2011]
    Fully close the roof and remove the fuse (fuse 30) on my cab, wait 30 sec replace the fuse. It worked for me hope it works for you.
    Cheers
    Paul
  5. VagPro

VagPro Active Member

[Sep 25, 2011]
    Hello bowen, if the storage compartment is not opening up at all (and you have not fault codes) then it could be the latching mechanism for the storage compartment. However if the interlocks are working but your hydraulics are failing then your hydraulic motor needs a clean. I've put this guide together hope it helps

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...et-soft-top-roof-hood-motor-repair-guide.html