Cab front end slight change!

cabby

Reaction score
Fitted cup splitter, eyelids and a little paint up.
IMG 20141220 131951

Before.

After.
IMG 20141220 131951
ya
IMG 20141230 135944

Thinking of spraying the fog grills red! Not sure as yet. May do it, can always return to black!

IMG 20141221 095751

Struggling with phone and photos!!

Reactions: ruffrida
Yeah. Still unsure about the fog grills! I might just do them to see what it looks like!!

I used plastic primer on the chrome trim then gloss black. I prefer it to matt.

In this photo it looks like the audi as halo eyes fitted. Trick of the light.

Got me thinking!!
IMG 20141221 095759

Looks really nice that does! Iv been thinking of doing my grill black like that. Was going to wrap it though, did you spray it yourself? Splitter looks smart too could I ask was it easy to fit? My standard one is dropping off so tempted to get a cup splitter also. Thanks

Taking the grill out was easy enough but parting the chrome surround was a bit fiddly. Very easy to brake the tabs that hold it to the grill. I broke one. Only painted the chrome bit, wish I'd done the grill now!
The cupra slitter needed cutting both ends, tad too long for where I wanted it to sit. There is also two long supports in the middle of the splitter that need cutting down by, I think about 25mm. Pre-drilled the splitter, car up on ramps and fixed it with self tapping screws, starting one side of the middle. Then the other side. This is because that's the only part that lines up, the rest of it had to be pulled about to follow the shape of the underside of the bumper. Once I was happy I then screwed in the rest of the self tappings. Pre drilled thru the holes in the splitter into the bumper with small drill bit. I tried a practice hole to make sure I'd got the right size bit for the screws.
Then took it back off the car and painted it. Looks loads better the same colour as the car.

IMG 20150307 153031
Just remembered it was halfords gloss black I used on the chrome surround and the complete lower grill. I like to spray several base coats and a couple of lacquer coats. The last one being heavy, enough but not too much to have runs. It's a fine line, but I am getting real good with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply mate. Car looks so much better from the front with what you have done, think I will give the grill a go this weekend then, My cab is black so will look much better with the black grill instead of chrome. splitter sounds like a bit of a challenge with the cutting but I do quite like s challenge. Iv seen them on eBay for about £40 but postage is £15 anywhere you know of to get one a bit cheaper? Or is that the rough price? I thought that postage sounded a bit steep. Thanks again for reply.

My slitter was £40 with £5 delivery of ebay. Cutting the ends at the wheel arch was easy, I had it fitted first so I knew where to cut. It should but-up to the trim at the bottom of the arch. Mud flap thingy, but one of mine is missing and the other one as worn partly away. I can't seem to find two replacements. Vrgordy's black cab gave me the ideas for what i've done so far. I could see how the colour blends!

My slitter was £40 with £5 delivery of ebay. Cutting the ends at the wheel arch was easy, I had it fitted first so I knew where to cut. It should but-up to the trim at the bottom of the arch. Mud flap thingy, but one of mine is missing and the other one as worn partly away. I can't seem to find two replacements. Vrgordy's black cab gave me the ideas for what i've done so far. I could see how the colour blends!
It's dark blue

Sorry Vrsgordy. That's a lovely colour. I once bought a audi a3 Tsport at night (not the best thing to do) thought it was black. When I picked it a couple of days later tuned out it was Ming blue. Loved it more than black.

Reactions: DrStrange