Cab advice

ridgy666

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought a 1.8T (163) Silver A4 Cab on an 03 plate. I'm currently loving the Audi experience but was after some general advice.

1. Ive looked into obtaining a K&N induction kit, but having probs obtaining the part no, the K&N site says its 57-0593 but looked on others and it says this part only covers upto 2002 plates, also has anyone got one fitted on this engine, if so whats it like.

2. Has anybody done any mods to a cab around the same age, if so could you post some pics, I'm a bit scarred to change the appearance at the minute!!

Word of advice, DON'T fit a K&N filter, it will ruin your MAF. They add very little to these engines other than a slightly louder whoosh sound.

is there any good aftermarket filters that dont ruin the maf golf ?

Not really jase, the standard air intake system is pretty good.

Never had any problems in 60,000 miles on my Octavia vRS with an aftermarket filter

Same here, never had any problems with filters either. I think its all a myth to be honest but we have our own opinions!!

Carbonio carbon filter on the Octy for 60k,
Focus Sport ITG large foam filter on Focus modded 1.8Zetec for 60k
Fabia 1.2 Sport with Pipercross for 15k
Green Cotton on BMW E34 535i for inter-galactic space ship miles

All with no problems. And when the A4 cab is out of the 1 year dealer warranty I will be taking out the K&N panel filter (Ebay is such a damn good place - £12 delivered second hand !!) and putting the Carbonio one back on.

Andy