1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C6 Avant Le Mans pre to post facelift mod question

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by 692DPG, Dec 4, 2013.

1. 692DPG

692DPG New Member

Hi, after a number of years of company car imposed 'stay' in BMWland I'm looking at purchasing an A6 Avant TDI Le Mans and have found 2 very respectable ones with sensible mileages nearby but both are pre facelift - can anyone advise if the post 09 S Line/Le Mans diffuser is compatible with the earlier rear bumper?

If it is I'm content with either of these cars as they will be on a non dating number - 57 Plate 2.7 TDI Auto or 08 plate 2.0 TDI manual but what would people advise?

I used to have a C5 2.5 TDI Avant Quattro Manual and was really impressed with it - especially when re-mapped.

Cheers, Dave.
  2. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

No. You need the new facelift rear bumper and do fit this you need new rear wings, new bootlid, new rear lights, new light control unit, rear bumper and valance.
  3. 692DPG

692DPG New Member

Cheers Chris - sounds like a major re-design which is most unlike most car manufacturers! I don't want to do a full facelift just want to change the featureless early model rear exhaust panel - might be easier to just paint it silver grey so it contrasts with the black colour of the car. I must be used to BMW who are basically lazy as their diffusers are interchangeable!
  4. colinurquhart

colinurquhart Member

Are you sure you need the rear wings as I thought they were the same still
  5. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

After seeing online the wings are actually same as the new bumper closes the gap for the new lights to fit.