1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C.G motorsport stage 3 clutch review

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Arwyn Palmer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Arwyn Palmer

Arwyn Palmer New Member

[Mar 31, 2014]
    Had it fitted to my tqs today and done about 20 miles so far. The setup I went for was the stage 3 6 paddle clutch with a LUK dmf, very smooth and feels slightly more responsive than it was before (but that may be because the one that came out was fubar). The bight is quite hight and feels like an anvil coming down very grippy, but doesn't judder too bad setting off in 1st, well not as bad as I thought it would. the pedal feels lighter than the standard one that came out doesn't kill my foot at all ( sat in traffic on the way back from the garage). Customer service over the phone was very good too, very helpful and friendly. All in all very impressed so far, can't wait until it's broken in and I can really test it out, gonna be a boring 500ish miles lol, il update if I encounter any problems and when I've properly tested it,
    thanks for looking
    g60leigh likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 28, 2015]

3. Gary_808

Gary_808 Member

[Mar 31, 2014]
    Excited to see how this goes,
    Did you get the full kit? Cover and friction plate?
    Would be interesting how it compares to the Sachs setup in handling torque ad launches.
  4. Arwyn Palmer

Arwyn Palmer New Member

[Mar 31, 2014]

Yep everything from from them, they even supplied me the dmf and new bearing, couldn't of been happier with the service the stuff even came 3 days early. The only thing they left out was my complimentary stickers lol but that's not exactly a biggie. just been out in it again and the lightness of the pedal and sharpness if the bite is gonna take a bit of getting used to (couple of lurchy starts) but I reckon it gonna give some good launches when it settled, just have to wait and see.
  5. Adam P

Adam P Active Member

[Apr 1, 2014]
    This is good to read as i am shortly going to purchase the clutch kit down from yours, the stage 2 one. Always reassuring when people have good experiences, thanks for posting this up. :icon_thumright:
  6. Arwyn Palmer

Arwyn Palmer New Member

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Just thought I'd share my experiences, if you ever see me about feel free to come have a chat look out for a black tqs with dead era stickers on it and soon gonna have audi sport.net stickers
  7. Adam P

Adam P Active Member

[Apr 1, 2014]
    Just read this properly again, im not good in the mornings! lol mine will be going into my s3, but glad you are pleased with the product and service you got. I am currently in the middle of rebuilding mine, so its off the road but i will keep my eyes peeled.
  8. Arwyn Palmer

Arwyn Palmer New Member

[Apr 21, 2014]
    Thought I'd add an update to this, clutch is still going strong, even after my gearbox spat it's dummy out down the motorway, got a nice shiny low mileage 6-speed box in there now and I actually prefer it to the 5-speed. Clutch pedal has got slightly harder but still in no way uncomfortable, clutch it's quite forgiving in traffic but grips like **** to a boot when you dump it in, il try and post a launch video (or link to one) when I get a spare few mins, all in all thoroughly enjoying it so far.