Bye Bye S3

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
After seven years of ownership my pride and joy has gone to a better place.
I will miss the wide arches and stance of my 8L and the pull of the Revoed 1.8t engine but the 2 tfsi has replaced it so hopefully some fun times ahead.

And no I am not planning on leaving just yet,if I wasn't here you'd have nobody to moan about:)

Reactions: NHN, Nilz, ScottD3 and 2 others
i was thinking of making the change but i wont something diffrent so will be a seat leon cupra IF I DO

I looked long and hard,this won me over with the way the cabin is,the Audi is/was such a nice place to be,obviously the performance/exterior looks/handling as well on the Golf

Noooo! I wanted your rims!!! Lol! Was a lovely car jase, one of my most favourite 8L's on the forum because how mint it always looked! The GTI looks nice, I do like these cars! Lovely remap and it'll be quick! :)

Sad to see the S3 go Jase, it was a excellent, well looked after car. I do like the new replacement though. No, you cant leave, then i would get a higher %of the moans, lol. Enjoy driving it Jase. :) xx

I like it. What's the spec?? Dsg or manual??

you going revo?

Sean
Just poverty spec nothing special :ninja:

You cheat!
Whaaat ! 200 bhp against your mighty AMD S3

Noooo! I wanted your rims!!! Lol! Was a lovely car jase, one of my most favourite 8L's on the forum because how mint it always looked! The GTI looks nice, I do like these cars! Lovely remap and it'll be quick! :)
I must admit I tried to hang onto it but got told off by the missus as I didn't need two cars

Sad to see the S3 go Jase, it was a excellent, well looked after car. I do like the new replacement though. No, you cant leave, then i would get a higher %of the moans, lol. Enjoy driving it Jase. :) xx
lol

[Dave B];1881929 said:
Nooooooooooooooo!

Nice replacement though :)
It was very hard to see it go,even harder when I looked at the receipts for just the mods,hey ho a new beginning and all that Dave

Reactions: Sandra
Well I have driven the mk 5 gti and I think it's a very capable hot hatch, handles well and has got a punchy engine . When I was going to buy one it was a toss up between the tornado red and the grey metallic I think you chose the right colour mate.

Did you px your s3 or sell private?

Sean

Well I have driven the mk 5 gti and I think it's a very capable hot hatch, handles well and has got a punchy engine . When I was going to buy one it was a toss up between the tornado red and the grey metallic I think you chose the right colour mate.

Did you px your s3 or sell private?

Sean
I have no use for a saloon as we have one already in the family so a hatch is always what fits my bill,I sold privately on auto trader and wasn't a million miles away from the asking price Sean.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
And there was me hoping you were joining us in RS3 land to defeat the replica set once and for all ;)

Joking aside, good choice, especially the colour apparently red ones add always best.

Reactions: voorhees
Good luck with the new car jase. So you going to carry on flying the revo flag. How do the two cars compare as it stands?

I've been sorely tempted to make the same switch myself. I'm intrigued to know what the main differences are between the 8l S3 and a mkV golf, handling and power wise!

Reactions: AVLO
Good luck with the new car jase. So you going to carry on flying the revo flag. How do the two cars compare as it stands?
I've been sorely tempted to make the same switch myself. I'm intrigued to know what the main differences are between the 8l S3 and a mkV golf, handling and power wise!
Rav,Revo all the way :)
I cannot/will not comment on which is better but I will say one thing...going back to FWD is an experiance :)

a healthy revo stage one golf gti 2.0 t will regularly make 250-255 bhp and are aggressive in power delivery to say the least. Decent front tyres and few other mods FTW . A dsg stage one shark performance with dsg software will shave a few more tenths of your 0-60 time. Awesome gti sell LSD for them aswell which I imagine would make a massive difference.

When I was gong to buy one I was just going to go stage one remap as it transforms the car from stock.

Sean

One of the biggest pros of the mkV gti for me is how well it ages, or doesnt for that matter.
You can see a tastefully modded and styled 05 and you would never ever think it was 8 years old.
I think the mkVI will be much the same. VW just nailed it on the styling. Subtle and respectable, yet quite brutish.

You dont hear many people say bad things about them, and the chassis is supposed to be quite a step in the right direction from the mk4.
The new MkVII is getting the same comments, but my god that one is ugly!

It's a more rewarding drive though, you can actually use the throttle mid corner, unlike the S3.
You looked like you used your throttle at Camp corner in your S3 :racer:

Drift King

Reactions: burns3
Oh Jase!!!

Congrats on the new car mate, it is a good replacement for the S3 though :)

I hope you dont start a trend amongst the old skoolers in here!!

Next thing you know Jo will be looking for a Porsche (to match his alloys!!) :whistle2:

Reactions: superkarl, Sandra and voorhees
mk5 Edition 30 Golfs make 300BHP on a stage 1 remap......no brainer

Nice replacement, definitely in the best colour. But I still prefer the 8L personally.

Nice replacement, definitely in the best colour. But I still prefer the 8L personally.

Paul,I was still in denial just before I put the advert up,I scoured for a lock-up so I could keep both,I unashamedly admit I loved my S3 and in my ownership from December 16th 2005 until I sold her she never failed to start once,track days and quarter miles she took in her stride only once did I push her too hard upon entering Inters 2011 on a baking hot day when I broke her DV and had to limp home :(

Reactions: Sandra, davc and [Dave B]
Now if I had of seen your s3 for sale, I probably would of bought it!

Still on the hunt for the right 8l s3....... Almost given up

Guess I won't be meeting up with you again on the way to GTI Inters, now that you'll be parking with the vee dub boys! :moa:
Nope I'll be at my usual stand :eiertritt:

Reactions: Sandra
[Dave B];1885412 said:
I hope the new owner looks after it as well as you clearly did.
I'll never know Dave as it has gone to retire by the sea

Where's he live? I want to give him an offer for the rims!

Quite rare the nuvoulari's or whatever they are called, don't see many on 8l s3 platform. I like them , suit the car IMO

Sean

A friend of mine has a lovely Mk5, it is a brilliant drive.

A TIV custom map from Niki, as a TOTALLY stock car, not even an intake. 254bhp and 290lbft. Can't complain at that!