Bye Bye S3, and I guess Audi Sport ..

TheFiftheElement

Reaction score
Earlier than expected, but after lasting a little more than 12 months (one year review here http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-sportback-s-tronic-one-year-review.247653/) I've sold on my 2014 S3 Sportback S-tronic.

I had an S4 on order but after having a re-think, cancelled it and began my search for a new car a few weeks back. Above all, what the S3 has shown me, is that no matter how quick, accomplished, well made or stylish a car can be, I need my car to be fun to drive and sound nice :happy: and the S3, for me, is severely lacking in both those areas.

I want a car on the driveway that makes me want to jump in it, and take it for a hoon when I have an hour to spare. One that makes me want to clean it, and one that makes me look back at it when it's parked up and put a smile on my face that it's mine. If that's still happening after 6 months of ownership (post new car syndrome) then I think we might be on to a winner :yes:

My wife has a 2012 Q5, so I don't really need my car to be all that practical. I do about 3,000 a year around town, the occasional weekend away with the missus, and an odd potter around at the weekend if we have some spare time and inclination. I'm a serial car changer (just can't seem to stick to a car) and for once, would like to keep one for more than a year :blink:

I've had a lot of cars, tuned saloon's, 4x4's, 2 seaters, hot hatches and there's only a couple I regret selling. My Forester STi (Litchfield tuned to about 350/350) and my 2008 Porsche RS60 Spyder. With that in mind I started to look around for another Boxster S. Budget @ 30K, and I wanted a DFI engined model, so that I didn't not have to worry about IMS or bore score issues. PDK would be preferable. I'm not really an options person but wanted heated seats, and ideally BOSE as I know the standard CD system in the Boxster is properly pathetic.

Lo and behold, there's 2 at my local dealer, one manual (2010, heated seats, design pack, 19's), one PDK (2011, heated seats, BOSE, 18's). Arranged a test drive of both and I won't bore you with the details but I've ended up with this ..

It's a 2011, PDK Boxster S in Guards Red. It's only done 11K miles and is immaculate. I didn't like the 18's so managed to persuade the dealer to swap them for the 19's on the 2010 manual model. Wheels are like this .. and the bonus was the rubber was better on them too ..

It had 11 months warranty left, they've put 2 on top (so effectively 3 years warranty), full years tax/MOT/tank of fuel, and it's been treated to a SwissVax.

There's a lot of stuff it doesn't have, Xenon's, navigation, any form of plugging my phone in for calls or tunes, auto hill hold, auto lights, daytime running lights, sport mode (DSG) on the gearbox, any form of mode to change the steering weight or throttle response, rear seats :sly:

What it does have though is a fantastic revvy, awesome sounding 3.4 flat 6, a (surprise to me) more mechanical feeling, and quicker responding (certainly on downshifts) PDK box and the ability to have miles of open sky above my head :yum:

In the test drive there was only one moment where I felt the S3 would have been a better car to have been in. I needed a quick overtake, and the S3 would have romped past in 6th without a second thought. In 7th at 50 mph the Porsche doesn't have grunt the S3 has in 6th. By the time I'd dropped 3 gears and flown past, the S3 would have been another 100 metres down the road.

For me though speed is not the answer, I could have tuned the S3 to do 0-100 in about 8 seconds, however it would have sounded dull getting there, and I'd have had to have panned on the brakes to pogo and roll around the next bend, or been done speeding soon enough to try and make the car fun.

I do not mean any disrespect, but one drive in the girly Boxster shows you that the S3 is based on a basic hatch, with a powerful engine (albeit one with lag and a poor throttle response) shoved in. There is absolutely no comparison to a 2 seater roadster in terms of steering feel, handling, response, noise and drama. I guess they are not really cars you would generally compare.

If you are out there, and do not need 4 seats, and are thinking about an S3, go test drive a Boxster or Cayman. Apart from brute speed, and tech, there's really no comparison as a driving machine.

I have my flame retardant suit at the ready, and am quite aware of the image of my new car (and I've had 2 mini's and a TT so am used to the girls car comment.

Is the S3 a good car, yes indeed it is, and for many it's a lovely car to own. Quick, stylish, reasonably cheap to run and tune. It just didn't put a smile on my face :blush: no matter how quick, grippy and stylish it is.

Reactions: voorhees, AndyB-S3, scotty76 and 9 others
Enjoy !

(and I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but I do share much of your thoughts on the S3, more importantly, also the Boxster/Cayman!)

Reactions: Sandra and TheFiftheElement
I'm agree too.
But you know Porsche's are playing in another league. You can't compare it.
I'll get a GT4 if I could :(

Reactions: alijnclarke, TheFiftheElement and veeeight
Just done exactly the same, but into a Cayman S.

I was in a bit of a bubble thinking that the S3 was the ultimate driving machine (wondering what an earth @veeeight was on about), but having ordered an RS3 I thought i'd test drive the Cayman S.. I was absolutely speechless!

The S3 is a cracking fast all round car, but for the whole 'experience' i'm looking for the Cayman suits better.

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight and TheFiftheElement
I have just ordered a S3 , but do not think of it as the ultimate driving machine. It is a family hatch with a bit of "ompfff" when you want to have fun.
From that point of view it ticks all of the boxes for me. I still need a hatch (daughter going to Uni, another daughter in a band) , don't want an estate that is too big to park , but want to cruise in comfort at legal speeds , and have some fun when I want it ....
Just hope it is up to the expectation as it is the most I have ever spent. I must admit I did consider ( and might still do it) getting a boring family hatch , and a classic sports car....

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have just ordered a S3 , but do not think of it as the ultimate driving machine. It is a family hatch with a bit of "ompfff" when you want to have fun.
From that point of view it ticks all of the boxes for me. I still need a hatch (daughter going to Uni, another daughter in a band) , don't want an estate that is too big to park , but want to cruise in comfort at legal speeds , and have some fun when I want it ....
Just hope it is up to the expectation as it is the most I have ever spent. I must admit I did consider ( and might still do it) getting a boring family hatch , and a classic sports car....
From your needs I think the S3 will be close to the perfect car, bet you can't wait to get it

I'd love a Cayman S, almost went into one before my 8P. Love hot hatches too though, and whilst I see all your points in gonna be sticking with S3s for a while I think. Especially with kids planned!

Earlier than expected, but after lasting a little more than 12 months (one year review here http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-sportback-s-tronic-one-year-review.247653/) I've sold on my 2014 S3 Sportback S-tronic.

I had an S4 on order but after having a re-think, cancelled it and began my search for a new car a few weeks back. Above all, what the S3 has shown me, is that no matter how quick, accomplished, well made or stylish a car can be, I need my car to be fun to drive and sound nice :happy: and the S3, for me, is severely lacking in both those areas.

I want a car on the driveway that makes me want to jump in it, and take it for a hoon when I have an hour to spare. One that makes me want to clean it, and one that makes me look back at it when it's parked up and put a smile on my face that it's mine. If that's still happening after 6 months of ownership (post new car syndrome) then I think we might be on to a winner :yes:

My wife has a 2012 Q5, so I don't really need my car to be all that practical. I do about 3,000 a year around town, the occasional weekend away with the missus, and an odd potter around at the weekend if we have some spare time and inclination. I'm a serial car changer (just can't seem to stick to a car) and for once, would like to keep one for more than a year :blink:

I've had a lot of cars, tuned saloon's, 4x4's, 2 seaters, hot hatches and there's only a couple I regret selling. My Forester STi (Litchfield tuned to about 350/350) and my 2008 Porsche RS60 Spyder. With that in mind I started to look around for another Boxster S. Budget @ 30K, and I wanted a DFI engined model, so that I didn't not have to worry about IMS or bore score issues. PDK would be preferable. I'm not really an options person but wanted heated seats, and ideally BOSE as I know the standard CD system in the Boxster is properly pathetic.

Lo and behold, there's 2 at my local dealer, one manual (2010, heated seats, design pack, 19's), one PDK (2011, heated seats, BOSE, 18's). Arranged a test drive of both and I won't bore you with the details but I've ended up with this ..

It's a 2011, PDK Boxster S in Guards Red. It's only done 11K miles and is immaculate. I didn't like the 18's so managed to persuade the dealer to swap them for the 19's on the 2010 manual model. Wheels are like this .. and the bonus was the rubber was better on them too ..

It had 11 months warranty left, they've put 2 on top (so effectively 3 years warranty), full years tax/MOT/tank of fuel, and it's been treated to a SwissVax.

There's a lot of stuff it doesn't have, Xenon's, navigation, any form of plugging my phone in for calls or tunes, auto hill hold, auto lights, daytime running lights, sport mode (DSG) on the gearbox, any form of mode to change the steering weight or throttle response, rear seats :sly:

What it does have though is a fantastic revvy, awesome sounding 3.4 flat 6, a (surprise to me) more mechanical feeling, and quicker responding (certainly on downshifts) PDK box and the ability to have miles of open sky above my head :yum:

In the test drive there was only one moment where I felt the S3 would have been a better car to have been in. I needed a quick overtake, and the S3 would have romped past in 6th without a second thought. In 7th at 50 mph the Porsche doesn't have grunt the S3 has in 6th. By the time I'd dropped 3 gears and flown past, the S3 would have been another 100 metres down the road.

For me though speed is not the answer, I could have tuned the S3 to do 0-100 in about 8 seconds, however it would have sounded dull getting there, and I'd have had to have panned on the brakes to pogo and roll around the next bend, or been done speeding soon enough to try and make the car fun.

I do not mean any disrespect, but one drive in the girly Boxster shows you that the S3 is based on a basic hatch, with a powerful engine (albeit one with lag and a poor throttle response) shoved in. There is absolutely no comparison to a 2 seater roadster in terms of steering feel, handling, response, noise and drama. I guess they are not really cars you would generally compare.

If you are out there, and do not need 4 seats, and are thinking about an S3, go test drive a Boxster or Cayman. Apart from brute speed, and tech, there's really no comparison as a driving machine.

I have my flame retardant suit at the ready, and am quite aware of the image of my new car (and I've had 2 mini's and a TT so am used to the girls car comment.

Is the S3 a good car, yes indeed it is, and for many it's a lovely car to own. Quick, stylish, reasonably cheap to run and tune. It just didn't put a smile on my face :blush: no matter how quick, grippy and stylish it is.
Very nice post. Like you said
whatever puts a smile on your
face.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement and Jassyo06
My s3 is epic
It's amazing what a small amount of running can do
good luck with the Porsche but I think it isn't the best replacement for the s3

ha ha nice one :sunglasses:

Can't knock you for moving to a Porsche - great cars !

The S3 didn't last long though did it :)

Oh well - good luck with the new motor which I am sure will keep you happy & entertained - intil your eye starts wandering again :laughing:

I'm really happy with my S5 - but not that happy ..... so just ordered an RS3

Similar thoughts as you in that the RS3 gives me everything I crave including a fantastic sounding engine / exhaust note and a car that seriously excites me - The RS3 does that for me and sounds like the Boxster does that for you.

Congrats mate - the new cars looks great :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Reactions: TheFiftheElement and Sandra
@TheFiftheElement love the new car. Enjoy it. Pop in and see us all, don't be a stranger on asn. :) x

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

@TheFiftheElement - Great looking Boxster!

The main thing is that you are happy with your new car (& by the sound of it you are). Doesn't really matter what other people think IMHO

& oh BTW, Porsche girlie car - no. Men's mid-life crisis car - yes! lol
Only kidding buddy ;)

Have some fun in it & as Sandra has already said, don't be a stranger on ASN. Come back & visit us from time to time

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
All the best with the new car! I have to agree with your decision based on the reasons for why you have car. Like you I do 3-5k a year around town. I love the noise and engagement of driving something that will make me want to smile every time, want to detail every weekend and keep my interest past 6 months. My only problem..... I need a boot for the odd weekend a month to carry equipment etc. Having had a V6 TT previously for 18 months (a PB for me) I wanted a quick car with space for large items. If the RS4 was slightly more up to date I would have jumped at one, but I'm a sucker for tech too so the S3 fit my requirements. I'm hoping I can keep mine until next summer, just to make financial sense... but you never know.

I've had my S3 for nearly 6 months now and still want to jump in when I have a spare hour and still look at it with a smile...:hearteyes: I think I made the right choice for me. I love the performance, need a bit of a boot most days and I love a bit of tech.

I think it's dodgy ground trying to compare a Performance Hatchback with a Mid-Engined Roadster... the price tag (new) is vastly different. In fact, the list price on a Boxter S puts it firmly in the RS4/RS5 ball park. If I was spending 70k on a car, it wouldn't be a Boxter S, there are too many cars in that price range that will smoke it on the track, motorway and around town. But, at 30k it is a good prospect and sounds well suited to your requirements from a car!

Enjoy!

Reactions: 4K and Berniemaps
Having similar thoughts @TheFiftheElement and in a similar position. Good for you that you have made the change!

Have a real up and down relationship with my S3 - some days I love it and enjoy trying to get the best out of it. Other days I just wish I had something a bit sharper. Either way I have yet to get out of it after a drive and then want to jump straight back in and go for another blast.

I've decided I'm hanging on to my S3 for at least another 6 months to take the sting out of the depreciation.

My "short list" is quite extensive. Too much choice in the market at the moment!

Reactions: naughts4187, veeeight and Jassyo06
l totally adore the new Boxster,l think its the best looking car Porsche have designed for a good long time,the older version you just got, aint that bad either....lol"Girl's car" far from it,l change cars every 2 years 50/50 on whether its going to be another Audi, will see whats on offer from Audi then,if nothing "Audi" floats my boat,Focus RS for me,but hey 18 months is a long time in automotive design you never know whats round the corner.

Ps.hows Guards Red for stonechips/swirl marks?had 2 red cars and they where just paint magnets for them

Reactions: Pulp84 and veeeight
It's a girl's car and good riddance

(*Joke*)
Enjoy the midlife crisis...er... Boxster ;) :)

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and Snake Pliskin
Enjoy, nice car .... certainly the Boxster is different type of car (its not a practical 5 door hatch), and while my disappointment is not as strident as others I more than understand the slight lack of 'fun' in the car, but its still a bit more fun than my old GTI.

I often mention to wife that the little 2.0l turbo is faster than the old very heavily modified 5.0l V8 I used to own a few decades ago, it ain't as much fun....... maybe highly technically accomplished is the German version of fun.

Reactions: veeeight
OP I think you would have had those feelings (sound nice and feel nice) had you opted for a saloon/sedan/limousine model.

A sportback, hatch, estate looking vehicle just doesn't have that same appeal, and it's probably why most of us Americans turn our nose to thought of owning one.

A3/S3 best form is the sedan. Why else would Audi make the concept a sedan instead of a wagon.

Speaking of other cars.....has anyone seen Chris Harris' latest on the new Mustang?

To say he likes it is an understatement.....and believe it or not, he puts it around the track! Anyone here interested in a beast like this? Harris says it's a massive flip of the bird to European blandness, well done Ford!

Man, that V8 sound....

Reactions: Jassyo06, Fiddie and veeeight
Great choice, the Boxster looks very nice and certainly a drivers car.

Keep us up to dat how life with it goes?

Boxter looks very nice mate...enjoy!

I've gotta say, at the moment (only 3 weeks in), I'm really enjoying the S3 after my Scooby. It's much more powerful, it's actually got more seating room(need that for family), the boot is smaller but not too small so far.
After 3 weeks I am enjoying throwing it into the twisties already. I drove my Scoob for 8 years so driving that fast was second nature. The S3 seems to be just as fun at the moment. But, I live right slap bang in the middle of country roads where it's twisty and national speed limit.
For me, when I go back to work(off for summer holidays at the moment), the wife will be running the S3 as the family car and I will be running our old MK4 Golf 1.6 with all my music equipment thrown in. The missus wanted luxury and I needed power...so, the A4 diesels we drove, they ticked the luxury box but not the power box.
If the S3 starts breaking though...then it will be a different story!

Thanks for the kind replies folks, apart from @Foxtrot_Oscar lol ... :laughing:

I'm 43, so well into the mid life crisis age band, although I did have another Boxster S before when I was 39. I've not started dying my hair yet (I'll suggest Silver Fox as the colour) or wearing skinny jeans so I've not quite adopted the full mid life crisis look yet haha ..

@gamegenie - I do think the saloon looks the best of the S3 styles, but it was only just released when I ordered my car, and was more expensive so above what I wanted to pay monthly for my S3. From behind the wheel though, I cannot imagine it's much different from the hatch/sportback. So for me will still suffer from the reasons I didn't gel with my Sportback, namely fun, handling and noise. I do think it sounds ok for a 4 pot, but compared to a V6/flat 6/v8 it's really not that great and is so quiet at low revs and pottering about speeds.

@jassyo06 - the car I've picked up appears to have been a weekend car, 2011 and only 11K miles so the guards red paint is pretty spot on. A few minor (and I mean look at the car from an angle) scratches but does not have a lot of swirl marks at all. I actually had a new Boxster S for a few days while my old one was being prepared and IMO there wasn't that much of a difference. Sure the interior is newer, it had more toys, but in terms of driving the improvements are minor at best, and I prefer the steering feel of my 2011 model.

Have a real up and down relationship with my S3 - some days I love it and enjoy trying to get the best out of it. Other days I just wish I had something a bit sharper. Either way I have yet to get out of it after a drive and then want to jump straight back in and go for another blast.
- this sums it up for me, I never even from day one, wanted to just jump back in the car for a run. I've already started making excuses why I need to head out in the Boxster (keep the battery charged etc.) it's just so much more engaging ..

The Mustang was on my short list, I think it has character, it's a V8 which immediately ticks my box .. even if it may be slower round the twisties or actually slower that a blown 4 pot. I couldn't wait to change my S3 for another 6 months, and once I had my heart set on a convertible it had to be another Boxster. I know the Mustang comes as an open top but for some reason I couldn't consider one, just don't think it works. As a coupe yes, convertible no.

I sometimes wish I had bought the Golf GTi I test drove. Cheaper, slower but maybe managing the wheelspin might have been more fun, and I'd have had lower expectations of the car. It's taken me a long time to realize speed does not necessarily equal fun.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Pulp84, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Can't compare the two imho given the very different nature of each. Sounds to me that you just realised you need a sports car and not a hatch. I think the S3 looks great and whilst we've only had it a few weeks I still look back at it when parked!

TX.

Nice boxster, you should have gone for the manual mind ;)

A boxster is a 2 seat, mid-engined convertible sports car, it's about as far away from the S3 as you can get. There's no surprise it's more engaging and fun to drive, that's the whole point of a boxster. Good luck on the tip run mind.

I think many of the people who don't like the S3 bought it thinking it was something it wasn't. It is a 5 door family hatchback with a lot of power, it's in no way a Boxster competitor or even a Megane RS competitor. For me the S on the back just means more power, it doesn't mean sports car handling or roll cage track day car. I haven't seen anything in Audi's marketing that positions it as a sports car either.

If you want a sensible family hatchback that just so happens to do 0-60 in 5 secs while returning 40 to the gallon then the S3 is brilliant. If you want open top motoring with near perfect weight distribution and handling then the Boxster is brilliant.

Good luck with your Porsche, I'm sure it will give you a lot of pleasure.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement and Supa Koopa
May be it's a tad unfair to compare such a sorted car as a Boxster/Cayman to a S3... however..

The S3 is a hot hatch / hyper hatch / premium hatch, - the red badge on the back should promise more than just a more powerful engine. They should have made an S-Line A3 with that engine, not given it a red badge.

The 8L S3 was an absolute hoot to drive, handled well and steered well.

In contrast, the current S3 8V may be improved over the S3 8P - but the competition has surged further ahead than Audi. There are other hot hatches / hyper hatches / premium hatches out there that steer better, feel better, handle better, that the £35k S3. And more fun too ;) The S3 feels positively wooden and one dimensional in comparison.

It's just a shame that Audi didnt' go that last 20% to make this a great car. We know its possible with the MQB platform.

As a comfortable family car, it's great. Just not as a hot hatch / hyper hatch.

Reactions: Jassyo06, naughts4187, TheFiftheElement and 2 others
Speaking of other cars.....has anyone seen Chris Harris' latest on the new Mustang?

To say he likes it is an understatement.....and believe it or not, he puts it around the track! Anyone here interested in a beast like this? Harris says it's a massive flip of the bird to European blandness, well done Ford!

Man, that V8 sound....

I am booked in for a drive of this when it arrives at Leeds Ford in September. For £35k all in it ticks all the boxes for me.

As much as I love my car for how well it it on paper, I fully agree with you on the noise. It might be fast as hell but it doesn't feel it. I'm guessing the two main reasons for this is because of the flat torque curve making revving the engine less rewarding than in a NA motor and the lack of engine sound. When other cars sound like they are about to explode when hitting the rev limiter, this car seems to still be at 4000 rpm!

My next car will probably be something a lot louder and more dramatic to actually get a proper sense of speed.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
All the best with the new car mate! The S3 is a great all rounder but the Porsche definitely tilts the scales more into the performance arena. I do think the S3s biggest asset is its potential when modified, but when talking about a standard S3, I can understand its shortcomings. I will admit though, that even a modified S3 does not compare to a Porsche as the Porsche is built that way from factory, without compromise, to be a driving machine. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: Sandra and TheFiftheElement
I am booked in for a drive of this when it arrives at Leeds Ford in September. For £35k all in it ticks all the boxes for me.

Cool, let us know your thoughts after you test drive it. It could be the bargain of the century.

Reactions: naughts4187
Had the top down this morning on the way to work, barely broke 30 mph ... was so nice to have the sun on my face, hear the birds in the trees and that lovely howl from the GT exhaust ... would have been bored senseless in the S3, but in the Porsche every journey seems to be an event ..

Reactions: AndyB-S3, s3_trev, veeeight and 3 others
Don't forget to give us an update around December / January :whistle2::friendly wink:

maxresdefault.jpg

seriously ...... glad you are enjoying the new car - it sounds spot on :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Doesn't sound like you are missing the S3 one bit.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO, Primolak, naughts4187 and 3 others
lmao @Snake Pliskin .. I already have a biggles flying hat in the boot for winter journeys as I fully intend to have the roof down at all times when it's not raining or snowing ..

Whether I'm actually able to move at all is another matter ... it'll be sods law, the last 2 winters in Aberdeen have been very mild and we've had virtually no snow, I'm guessing then that this year we'll have 6 weeks of 10 ft drifts ..

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
All the best with the new car mate! The S3 is a great all rounder but the Porsche definitely tilts the scales more into the performance arena. I do think the S3s biggest asset is its potential when modified, but when talking about a standard S3, I can understand its shortcomings. I will admit though, that even a modified S3 does not compare to a Porsche as the Porsche is built that way from factory, without compromise, to be a driving machine. Enjoy!!!

Not all of us want to risk our warranty's modifying the S3. I certainly wouldn't want to buy a near forty grand car then spend a load of extra money making it into something else. Perhaps in my younger days and buying a second hand car with no warranty that was a real buzz. I'd much rather buy an RS3 than an S3 and modify it.

This is from the ever reliable wikipedia:

"Audi "RS" models are considered direct competitors to similar-sized hardcore sport models from BMW M and Mercedes-AMG, whereas the Audi "S" models (as of 2010) have been positioned more as engine upgrades"

I think some expect too much from the S3. It is just an A3 with more power and some tinsel. That's what I expected and it's living up to my expectations.

I'd love a boxster or better still a Caymen. I've driven a few and they are a hoot.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and TheFiftheElement
bg1hKTb.jpg

:p

(But nevertheless, for a £35k premium hot hatch, I (my expectations) do expect more of it, than a £20k Fiesta!) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackwhite
bg1hKTb.jpg

(But nevertheless, for a £35k premium hot hatch, I (my expectations) do expect more of it, than a £20k Fiesta!) :)
Maybe another one added to your
shortlist?

Reactions: veeeight
lmao @Snake Pliskin .. I already have a biggles flying hat in the boot for winter journeys as I fully intend to have the roof down at all times when it's not raining or snowing ..

Whether I'm actually able to move at all is another matter ... it'll be sods law, the last 2 winters in Aberdeen have been very mild and we've had virtually no snow, I'm guessing then that this year we'll have 6 weeks of 10 ft drifts ..

Aww, mate you bought from Peter Vardy Porsche??

Good luck with that! I bought an Evoque from their adjoining dealership...to say they were awful is an understatement........Peter Vardy will never see one penny from me again, ever!

Don't think you can even compare an S3 to a Boxster at all. Two completely different types of cars, but good luck! I certainly would never have one!! Only Porsche I'd touch would be the 911 Turbo, but at this moment in time it would be completely impractical for me to own one, as I like driving most of the time and those cars are suited for countries with decent weather.