Bye Bye MPG

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.

Have had my REVO map tweaked over the last week or so....

And OH MY GOD where did my MPG go?

I used to average 24ish. Now it's dropped to 19.6 mpg.

:faint:

Rant over! lol.

What have you had tweeked

I have a AmD remap and thinking going for a revo

My car cuts in about 3000rms and cuts out about 5000rms

Been told the revo is a strong cick but dies v.quick is this true or do u recon they just want me to stick to there map

What have you had tweeked

I have a AmD remap and thinking going for a revo

My car cuts in about 3000rms and cuts out about 5000rms

Been told the revo is a strong cick but dies v.quick is this true or do u recon they just want me to stick to there map

The map is very different to the REVO stage 1 for the A3. Well, it certainly feels it. By tweaked, I mean I've had the settings on the map turned up.

What 'they' say is deffo my experience of a REVO map on the A3 150 yes. Big punch, then dies out towards top end. Good fun though, lots of wheel spin.

would u say revo is better than amd,for fun more reliable

Why would it be £350 for AmD and £400 for revo if it was not better ? hhmmmmmm

also were can you get a custom code remap for agu engine

And i have seen read a post by you saying u dont have a throttle cable how did you change this :)

would u say revo is better than amd,for fun more reliable

Different power outputs, but basically the same thing. I would keep the money in my pocket if I were you. A stage 1 map is a stage 1 map. I think you will be disappointed if you spend all that money on another map....

Why would it be £350 for AmD and £400 for revo if it was not better ? hhmmmmmm

Because REVO maps are expensive.... End of. It won't be £400s worth of better.

also were can you get a custom code remap for agu engine

A Custom Code dealer mate, but see previous comment above.

and i have seen read a post by you saying u dont have a throttle cable how did you change this :)

Because I'm running an AGU engine in an S3, with S3 management, throttle body and everything else. Your's has early management and will only work with a cable throttle. It's not a bad thing!

Amd were i got it mapped as i was not realy happy with it and have had problems since the remap i.e juddering used to smoke they said if i pay the extra £50 they will put the revo on it

Am i rite in saying revo can only be wiped by a flash if so how can u get a custom code or will i just have to have a revo stage 2

Cheers mate for your help :p

if they say £50 extra for the REVO i'd go for that personally

I would too - if it's only an extra £50.

I thought you meant you'd be paying full whack again.

Thats terrible MPG. My stage one averages 30mpg at least and will drop to 26 when nailing. Running about 250bhp according to Vagcom which is guess is about right - not mind blowing but good enough!

I`m running stage 3 revo... count yourself lucky...

. Running about 250bhp according to Vagcom which is guess is about right - not mind blowing but good enough!

I like this attitude...i guess we are all used to grunt, we forget that 250BHP in what is effectively a hatch is actually quite a lot of grunt.

Incidentally, my car may be mistaken, but my pooter says im averaging 35 and its been 37 on a long run?? unmapped tho, well, for a week or two and a guy at work justgot a 2.2 mazda 6 diesel and gets 39. My previous car, alfa 159 1.9jtdm gave me 44 max

Do you know this 100% (logging fuel using odometer), or are you following the trip comp?

Its just that trip computers and remaps don't exactly mix much. If you have been accurately logging your fuel consumption... I'd say; ease off the happy foot.

I say this because my Tdi will do 15mpg when pushing hard. lol

Is that 19 mpg over the course of a day or a few days because if it's the latter then you must be driving with your foot flat everywhere, I don't exactly drive slowly and I've never seen my trip drop below 24 average over several days...