Bye 20Spoke 18's, Hello RS4 Reps?

Paul_c

Reaction score
As the title suggests i'm having to change my beloved OEM: 20 Spoke 18's. It appears one of them has developed a wobble that can't be balanced :bye:

I'd looked for a replacement but due to a major service inc the cambelt and water pump change i'll just be changing and intend to sell three of the four.

On a slightly better note i'm going to buy some RS4 replicas to fill the void with the money from these three! (i hope?!)

Also there will be a set of four 10mm H&R spacers inc extended bolts and McGuard locking nuts coming up shortly...

On the subject of the New RS4 style are we still of the opinion that Wheel Base are one of the more decent companies offering this wheel... baring in mind they are replicas?

After reading the thread about Wheelbase sending wrong offset wheels, lying about the offsets, convincing people that wrong offset wheels are right... I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole personally...

I appreciate what your are saying Pete, i'd also read that thread. I'm anything for an easy life so messing on sending wheels back etc would not be good!
My main concern was the quality of the wheel... as in getting the best replica possible. I've read about some very poor replicas that don't last two minutes.

I'm looking at a 42 or 45 offset so i can also sell the 10mm H&R spacers i currently run.

I appreciate what your are saying Pete, i'd also read that thread. I'm anything for an easy life so messing on sending wheels back etc would not be good!
My main concern was the quality of the wheel... as in getting the best replica possible. I've read about some very poor replicas that don't last two minutes.

I'm looking at a 42 or 45 offset so i can also sell the 10mm H&R spacers i currently run.

If you want good quality, rather than just cheap replicas, these guys are highly recommended: http://www.sixonetwo.co.uk/ - I've had various wheels off them over the years, and always perfect quality. Even if the replicas aren't listed on their site, they should be able to help.

Hi sorry to jump on this thread, Paul I bought some A3 18" S-line genuine wheels for my b6 a4, but the offset is slightly too high et54 rather than et42/43, would the spacers you have do the job to make the wheel sit out more?
cheers

Hi sorry to jump on this thread, Paul I bought some A3 18" S-line genuine wheels for my b6 a4, but the offset is slightly too high et54 rather than et42/43, would the spacers you have do the job to make the wheel sit out more?
cheers

They would do exactly that, they would take them to ET44 (assuming 10mm each side / 20mm per axle).

Cheers, yeah I'd be putting 10mm on each corner, I suppose i'd need to get longer bolts also. But the car would probably look so much better. You'll have to let us now if/when you get round to selling them as i'd be interested.
:icon_thumright: