BW 9, 10, 11 & 12

Spoke to my dealer this afternoon and was told that my car maybe at the port for anything up to 7-10 days depending on a variety of factors.

Apparently, they get an update tonight (via Audi) and he promised to be in regular contact from now on (not that he wasn't before).

He said I could be in the car before the end of March. I'm BW10 and the excitement is building.

Picked mine up today. Great service from the guys at East Kent. Car was swirl free as promised. I will try and get some picks up in the morning.

The biggest change was spending 4hrs driving to EKA in the 4.4 X5 and returning in the 1.2!! Great drive and a great little engine.

Went to town on the freebies but nothing to shout about except the Champers.

I have a question though if anyone can help. They gave me an ami lead for an iphonè 4 but it is not being recognised. I even tried my ipod and it didnt recognise it but would charge both devices. Any ideas?

Mine is in Grimsby...bw9
Told them to keep it until mid April unless it's here in a few days, otherwise I just am not going to get any use out of it before my holiday and will be practically picking up a brand new car and leaving it for a week at the airport :thumbs up:

I reckon it's been there a week or more and apparently they're struggling for space on transporters?
I Don't blame you..... You wouldn't want to leave your new car at an airport. All that aviation fuel over your new paint work. I left my 2 week old Disco at Heathrow for a month and I wouldn't do that again!!!

Well my car was awaiting shipment last Friday so I'm hoping it will be on a boat tomorrow!!

Also collecting from EKA so am expecting freebies galore- not bothered about bubbly as the missus will drink it anyway.

No idea about the AMI cable but pretty sure there is a thread somewhere covering AMI cables etc. Maybe the answer will be in there?

Well my car was awaiting shipment last Friday so I'm hoping it will be on a boat tomorrow!!

Also collecting from EKA so am expecting freebies galore- not bothered about bubbly as the missus will drink it anyway.

No idea about the AMI cable but pretty sure there is a thread somewhere covering AMI cables etc. Maybe the answer will be in there?

Just been googling the ami cable situation. Looks like i need the red grommit one. Just make sure they put fuel in the car. When i started mine the fuel light was one!!

Mine just landed at the dealer, so least I get some use out of it before I go away. Need to go and sign the finance today and pick up sometime next week.

As for fuel, you should get 1/2 tank according to Audi and super unleaded in S cars.

Nick

Reactions: Cleggy70
Mine just landed at the dealer, so least I get some use out of it before I go away. Need to go and sign the finance today and pick up sometime next week.

As for fuel, you should get 1/2 tank according to Audi and super unleaded in S cars.

Nick

I got 3/4 tank, must have felt sorry for me having waited for a year....

Just been googling the ami cable situation. Looks like i need the red grommit one. Just make sure they put fuel in the car. When i started mine the fuel light was one!!

Blimey, cheapskates!
I hope they filled you up?

Documents all sorted so pick up next week..
Seen a lovely new red s3 saloon there if anyone is expecting one in the North West? In fact there were around 10 A3 and S3 with the wrappers still on and all were either red or black....didn't see mine, so hope they got the colour right.

Reactions: Cleggy70, P D C and Brasso
Hi. I'm build week 11 for an S3 5dr collection from East Kent Audi.

I've never been informed I can't collect on a Saturday. And I'm not able to take a day off until July.
And they are sure as hell not delivering it to me.

Stale mate .....

Could you pick up after work? My dealer reckons its a 1hr job max so was happy for me to get there at 6pm.

Hi. I'm build week 11 for an S3 5dr collection from East Kent Audi.

I've never been informed I can't collect on a Saturday. And I'm not able to take a day off until July.
And they are sure as hell not delivering it to me.

Stale mate .....

They do a late night collection on Tuesday and Thursday till 8pm if i remember.

Seen a lovely new red s3 saloon there if anyone is expecting one in the North West? In fact there were around 10 A3 and S3 with the wrappers still on and all were either red or black....didn't see mine, so hope they got the colour right.
What dealership are you at Nick?

Manchester Audi dtwm1...there were a few S3s that looked like they had just arrived. Couple of black SB and Hatches and a couple of red (hatch and saloon) and a beauty Sepang RS6....

I finish work in maidstone @ 7pm. EKA will have to let me pick up Saturday or they won't be getting £30k for the car.

Or do a sicky.....
Seriously though, I'm sure they will do a Saturday if you explain the issue.
Good luck.

I finish work in maidstone @ 7pm. EKA will have to let me pick up Saturday or they won't be getting £30k for the car.

That's two of us for a Saturday delivery !

Looks like you beat me after all :) mine is still at the dock:( been told it will be delivered next week. Panicking about a delay as tax runs out March 31st . Please let there be an audi God!:redrs4:

I'm not sure where to find my build week number?

I ordered at the end of Feb, the 24th. Looks like my dealer does some pre-ordering and they assigned one of their pre-order to me, the paperwork has my order in on 2/17. The actual production week is scheduled for 3/30/2015, and then it gets put on a boat on April 9th, and finally it's supposed to arrive at my dealership the week of May 18th.

Mine order form says May 1st. However, I was never told about build weeks or anything like that..

Looks like you beat me after all :) mine is still at the dock:( been told it will be delivered next week. Panicking about a delay as tax runs out March 31st . Please let there be an audi God!:redrs4:

Just tax the car- you get a rebate of any months outstanding when you relinquish ownership so you won't lose out. Better than an £80 fine.

Just tax the car- you get a rebate of any months outstanding when you relinquish ownership so you won't lose out. Better than an £80 fine.

I can buy one months tax yes. But paying £40 for 3 days worth of tax is a waste of money. You don't get back the month your in. So if it's not going to happen I want a loaner lol

You would never know what they put in really...but the salesman said Audi policy to put super unleaded in S and RS cars....this was after I said to him put super in please. Wouldn't matter much to be honest as a one off if they didn't put it in.

BW 10 and I had it confirmed on Friday that it was on the transported ready for delivery to the dealer on Monday. I was asked if I wanted to pick up on Saturday, but I said no I would rather pick up Friday afternoon. "A Good Excuse To Have The Afternoon Off" :)
I asked about the tax and was told they would pay for the few extra days, but either way I would loose a months tax. I also asked about the super unleaded and was told that he didn't think they had it at the compound, but they would confirm on Monday.

BW11 still waiting for confirmation of shipping. :(

As registration is electronic and immediate now, pretty sure the dealer cannot let the car go without tax too. I got a full tank with mine, but only bog standard RON 95. Every tank since then has been the good stuff!

Sorted!! the salesman said he would run it to the local Shell station and fill it up with super unleaded. Result. Oh and the only freebie I wanted was an S key fob and that's sorted too.......... Friday here we come.:kissmyrings:

Advised my week 11 build will be delivered to the dealer this week.

My BW11 is STILL "awaiting shipment". Which is annoying because I was hoping to have it by Friday. That is now looking extremely unlikely!

Sorted!! the salesman said he would run it to the local Shell station and fill it up with super unleaded. Result. Oh and the only freebie I wanted was an S key fob and that's sorted too.......... Friday here we come.:kissmyrings:

I am Friday too mate. Please don't let the dealer loose in your new motor to put fuel in Haha...saying that when I collected my last car the lad did the same as they didn't have super unleaded on site.

Got a serious detailing session this weekend weather permitting. Only waiting for a new snow foam attachment and I am good to go...even got high temp paste wax for the exhausts. Hope I don't need to get the DA out for any correction and the detail should last the summer.

Reactions: P D C
I am Friday too mate. Please don't let the dealer loose in your new motor to put fuel in Haha...saying that when I collected my last car the lad did the same as they didn't have super unleaded on site.

Got a serious detailing session this weekend weather permitting. Only waiting for a new snow foam attachment and I am good to go...even got high temp paste wax for the exhausts. Hope I don't need to get the DA out for any correction and the detail should last the summer.

Oooooh, I never though of that one...... Just hope he doesn't use launch control or red line it. I'm sure he won't. Now if it was an R8 and he was in his 20's I might worry. Lol
Let's just hope the weather Is fine for the both of us. and don't forget you driving music for the long way home.......

Reactions: nickatkinson

Which dealer? I'm BW11 also and been told should be with them this week also! Fingers crossed

I'm BW10 and just received a call from the dealers. My car is still at the port :( but they said they are pushing as hard as possible to get it into March as they have had a record month for sales. It's their best month ever (by a fair bit) so they want to do as many as they possibly can before the end of the month.

I'd be happy to have it before the Easter weekend so fingers crossed.

Listers in Stratford.
I'm Listers Coventry. Can you let me know what freebies you get as I have heard that Listers are tight so it'd be good to know what to (or what not to) expect on pickup.

I'm Listers Coventry. Can you let me know what freebies you get as I have heard that Listers are tight so it'd be good to know what to (or what not to) expect on pickup.
I don't think I would have had anything at all if I hadn't of asked for the S key fob. He didn't say yes to that straight away either. I think he had to get permission first. I will let you know if I get anything else, but I'm not counting on it. More that happy with the S fob and Super Unleaded in the tank. I have enough Umbrellas and deicer's and all the other junk they give out!!!!!