BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Hey guys, BW37 here.

Haven't heard a thing from the dealer yet (Bexley Audi), no calls or emails, no VIN, location of the car or production code etc. I did call them during the build week and got: "Yes I can confirm it is being built this week" (I thought they can tell you which particular day it is being built etc.?) and "Expect collection no later than END of OCTOBER" ?!?!?

Am I being too hasty? Or should I have expected something by now? And is his collection estimate just being safe?
Thanks for the advice.

w00t

Just got my VIN and the car's showing under 'myAudi' with the right colour and all of the right options showing.

It's a BW39 so I'm still hopeful for a mid-October collection but I suppose I'm at the mercy of the delivery schedule...

Any idea on rough time from VIN to collection?

Not relevant but:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/service-issues-beware-bexley-audi.59644/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bad-experiance-with-bexley-dealership-mfsw-part-help.96146/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-bexley-damaged-my-car-now-trying-to-get-out-of-it.112559/

I live 3 minutes away from Audi Bexley, however went through Carfile and didn't even bother with Audi Bexley after these stories.
Think I will be taking my car to Audi Maidstone to get it serviced.

Hmmm didn't know about these, thanks for the heads up.

You are being fobbed. Get on the phone and demand answers.

Seems like the my dealer is reading these forums! Just got a call today saying I can pick the car up Saturday 4th Oct!

Hmmm didn't know about these, thanks for the heads up.

Seems like the my dealer is reading these forums! Just got a call today saying I can pick the car up Saturday 4th Oct!

Make sure they don't valet your car, or you could end up having to pay someone to buff out the swirl marks they leave on there

Make sure they don't valet your car, or you could end up having to pay someone to buff out the swirl marks they leave on there

What do you mean by this?

So is there a list of things to instruct dealer before delivery?
Valet, iphone cable etc??

Call from Wes Prodrick at Bexley Audi informing me that my S3 Saloon (BW37) will be delivered next Thursday 2nd October and ready for pick up the following day. Have requested that nobody touches the car (at Croydon or Bexley) and have arranged to have it cleaned professionally Friday morning before I pick her up! This is going to be the longest week of my life haha! Can't fault Wes though...phonecalls every week since the start of BW37...very informative and helpful. Have had issues with Bexley Audi in the past though with my current Black Edition TT...

BW38, told Tuesday is possible for collection if it comes off the boat tomorrow morning (dealer within 2 miles of port and self collecting). Detailer all ready to get it prepared and organised with dealer. Probably in for the longest 5 days of my life, LOL.

Has anyone with BW40 got there VIN number yet to try with myaudi. I have BW40 and haven't been told mine yet?

BW39 no VIN.

My sales person is pretty cold at the moment, no calls just a brief email, when I did call him he's like a robot. Probably because he sent me a "deal with it" email when I wanted to change the spec and I got that over turned.

If your sales guy is being stupid don't stop asking or pushing, it's your car and you're paying for it.

So if any BW39's get a VIN please let me know.

So if any BW39's get a VIN please let me know.
Call Audi CS 0800 699 888 with your build number (don't worry if you don't have a build number, bitch about it to CS that your dealer is dragging his feet, it's amazing how they suddenly get better at customer service). They should be able to give you the VIN number straight away. Remember its end of month so your sales exec at the dealers will be scrambling around looking for commission, not scrambling around looking after you. Seriously, call CS, get your VIN and moan about the dealer, works a charm.

Got an brief update today for BW38, car is built and on boat to be coming over :D

Inching ever nearer ... got my reg number now.

As a fleet driver i don't get to choose the reg, hey ho! :sorrow:

Mine is still at the UK port but should be at the dealer next week and ready for pick up from Monday 6th October. Will probably have to put that back to Thursday 9th October due to work commitments, but still less than 2 weks away now :D

BW 39 - VIN received, e-mail from dealer just said 'here's your VIN number'...nothing else. VIN Number was missing digits (only 16 characters). Eventually got the right one. E-mail sent to Sales Manager about managing customer expectations! Can looks good in MyAudi:nogarors4:

I will do that next week Phil, tbh I'm getting tired of having to push so hard for basic information, it's exhausting.

Nimbus - our spec's are sooooooo close and same BW!

hey guys. im on this thread now. car is ready and am picking the S3 Sportback up this Sunday 5th October! cant wait! whoohooo been the longest 6 months of my life!
Following week got the tracker appointment done, plus tints and full G Techniq Detail interior and exterior!!!

Got my VIN, not valid on myaudi - am I missing something?

Spoke with Audi CS today very polite and very helpful my BW39 was built early last week and arrived at Emden on Thursday awaiting a ship to the UK, there is a ship leaving port for the UK tomorrow but audi were unable to confirm if my car would be on it!!! Soo excited now, spoke with my dealer on Thursday and was told no update! Audi CS also gave me the VIN it's so nice to just see the car!!

Last edited:
Mine is at the port. There is a boat tomorrow and one on Thursday. Anyone know how long to Sheerness?

Had a call from my sales rep this evening to say he is having to leave the dealership at short notice and so won't see the sale to completion of our second car together which is a great shame and loss to the dealership IMOA. I just hope I do not get forgotten about and wonder how they will finish to sale now........ BW 38 so waiting for that call any day now but given my news tonight will give them till Wednesday before a chaser.

VIN work fine now. All looks fine too, hopefully :).

Advertised my car for sale on the weekend and sold already!

So I'm car...less.

Same here...BW37 collection this Friday! Only two sleeps left for me :)

Reactions: CaesarBob
I'm BW 39. I've asked my dealer 3 times now for my VIN and he says it's not yet available. Am I being fobbed off?