BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Glyn - you were on BW 37 yeah? So did you get bumped forward or have they literally built it in the last 3 days?

Yes I was told BW 37, so I guess they started on Monday and it's come out the other end already. Maybe S5's get down the production line quicker too ;)

Same here GlynRS2 :) Exciting times! I have created a thread asking if anyone knows of a website you can track your vehicle on using the VIN number...I am sure someone posted a link before but can't find the thread for the life of me!

As already stated there is no tracking for UK cars. Best that most of us did was to use Vesseltracker and to try to guess which ship our cars were on leaving Emden.

I was BW37 Donny...took a call from the dealer yesterday informing me the car was built Wednesday and is on it's way to Emden

Well I'm in BW39 and apparently my car's just gone to status 20. I'm told this is a good thing....

Still hoping to get the car before the end of October to avoid a bit of an insurance nightmare...

Well I'm in BW39 and apparently my car's just gone to status 20. I'm told this is a good thing....

Still hoping to get the car before the end of October to avoid a bit of an insurance nightmare...
Hmm what's status 20? I'm BW38, which is this Monday coming, and had no update as of yet ;(

Edit: seems status 20 is build number confirmed?

Had a panic today, when the dealer rang me. The chap introduced himself and said that my car had been allocated to him to manage, as the sales manager I had been dealing with was no longer working there. I could sense a problem!!

He said that he had only been working there a short while but he was looking forward to helping me with my car, which was due the middle to end on November.....

Hmmm, immediately on the back foot and feeling grumpy, I said I was told that my car was BW 39 and would be here in October. I'll have a look through your order, and ring you back this morning he said.

Well, apart from being hyper grumpy at the prospect of a delay - I waited and waited. By 2pm no call back, so I rang the dealer and asked to speak to this new chap. The man that answered the phone said he was busy, could I leave my name and he would get him to call me back. When I gave the man my name, he said ah yes - I've just been looking at your ordered. At this point I could feel my heart about to sink, when he said BW 39 - being build the week after next, all confirmed - very nice specification S3 as well I might add - i bet you are looking forward to picking it up - if there are no delays we are anticipating you picking it up on Monday 20th Oct, although it might also be ready on Saturday 18th with a bit of luck and the the shipping isn't delayed......... Phew .... Panic over, and it looks like I'm locked in!!!!!

Anyone know if the factory has 12hr shifts and if there is a weekend shift rota? I'm assuming that BW38 starts tomorrow?

Had a panic today, when the dealer rang me. The chap introduced himself and said that my car had been allocated to him to manage, as the sales manager I had been dealing with was no longer working there. I could sense a problem!!

He said that he had only been working there a short while but he was looking forward to helping me with my car, which was due the middle to end on November.....

Hmmm, immediately on the back foot and feeling grumpy, I said I was told that my car was BW 39 and would be here in October. I'll have a look through your order, and ring you back this morning he said.

Well, apart from being hyper grumpy at the prospect of a delay - I waited and waited. By 2pm no call back, so I rang the dealer and asked to speak to this new chap. The man that answered the phone said he was busy, could I leave my name and he would get him to call me back. When I gave the man my name, he said ah yes - I've just been looking at your ordered. At this point I could feel my heart about to sink, when he said BW 39 - being build the week after next, all confirmed - very nice specification S3 as well I might add - i bet you are looking forward to picking it up - if there are no delays we are anticipating you picking it up on Monday 20th Oct, although it might also be ready on Saturday 18th with a bit of luck and the the shipping isn't delayed......... Phew .... Panic over, and it looks like I'm locked in!!!!!

Wow! That would have been a roller coaster afternoon lol, I'm glad it's all sorted! I really hope these time scales are bang on! As I'm BW38 and have been told 24th October for delivery! I hope your case is true and mine comes sooner :D!

Wow! That would have been a roller coaster afternoon lol, I'm glad it's all sorted! I really hope these time scales are bang on! As I'm BW38 and have been told 24th October for delivery! I hope your case is true and mine comes sooner :D!

I think your dealer was over conservative whereas mine is being under conservative lol

Well, on the earlier BW thread, there's a guy booked in to collect his BW36 car this Friday. If you take that as a best estimate (dates can always slip!!!) that gives:

BW37 - 26th September - 2nd October collection
BW38 - 3rd - 9th October collection
BW39 - 10th -16th October collection
BW40 - 17th - 23rd October collection

These dates seem a little earlier to me as my dealer has been umming and ahing about me collecting my BW39 by the end of October. Maybe he's just being over-cautious though.

EDIT: Another guy is BW35 this week, so I've made it a week long interval...

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
Well, on the earlier BW thread, there's a guy booked in to collect his BW36 car this Friday. If you take that as a best estimate (dates can always slip!!!) that gives:

BW37 - 26th September - 2nd October collection
BW38 - 3rd - 9th October collection
BW39 - 10th -16th October collection
BW40 - 17th - 23rd October collection

These dates seem a little earlier to me as my dealer has been umming and ahing about me collecting my BW39 by the end of October. Maybe he's just being over-cautious though.

EDIT: Another guy is BW35 this week, so I've made it a week long interval...

I'm being told for my BW39 15th to the 20th of October so sits in the middle of the estimates.

God almighty should be there well before the end of October mate!

My BW37 is still due 16th October from the dealer, seems to be a massive variance in the BW to delivery date.

Well, gonna give them a shout tomorrow see if there's any progress, or at least get a VIN so I can set up myAudi.

My BW37 is still due 16th October from the dealer, seems to be a massive variance in the BW to delivery date.
I'm BW38, with the same car as you, but manual, and keep being told around 24th October for me to pick up the car... So mine fits with your roughly,,, but others not so much :/

Well I got another update from my dealer last night. Says I'm still on BW 39 and to expect the car at the end of October/early November.

Just heard back from the dealer ... got a VIN # and they now estimate delivery to me w/b 06 Oct :yahoo:
Probably slightly slow as i'm a fleet customer rather than a private buyer.

Heard from my dealer today. My car is still being built this week. Still waiting... Nails no longer exist. God knows how I am going to last until early next month.

Saw a car transporter this morning on the M18 (possibly just come from the docks at Hull/Grimsby) absolutely full of lovely new Audis. Followed it to the end of the M18 and it was headed south down the M1. Anybody waiting for one right now that I could have seen ??

Mine's only supposed to be built this week, so I doubt I should get too excited!! It's a long way from Hungary.

Ahh, not yours then. Still, there's going to be some happy people in the next week or so that will be collecting that transporter's contents.

Just talked to Audi CS, my car is BW 39 and she said latest it should be end of October delivery. I am hoping mid October. I only ordered 1st September A3 sportback s tronic 2.0. :thrashi:

Build Week 37 for me, cars been built got the Vin and is currently wating at the port. My dealer has said that the lastest i should expect the car will be saturday 4th October.
Very excited now!

Reactions: DavidKing1987
Does anyone know the UK site address for MyAudi? I am BW37 and have my cars VIN Number...spoke to my dealership yesterday and vehicle still 'in transit'. Whether that is from factory to Emden, on a boat from Emden to Sheerness or from Sheerness to Bexley Audi via Croydon I don not know! Hoping to collect mine before Audi Driver International!!!

BW38 and just spoken to Audi CS. I have my VIN number but still waiting on transit info, which should be end of the week. Been and checked everything in MyAudi and it all looks in order. Colour me very excited!!!

Cheers veeeight! I have now registered my S3 Saloon using the VIN Number. Whats are the perks of using MyAudi???

Spec dependent. If you have Connect, or Tech Pack, lots !

Picture Navigation, etc.

BW38 and just spoken to Audi CS. I have my VIN number but still waiting on transit info, which should be end of the week. Been and checked everything in MyAudi and it all looks in order. Colour me very excited!!!

Does that mean if mine is BW 39, I can call them next week and get VIN?

Just heard from my dealer that my car has been built and is on the transporter to the port. Not long now!

Ooo I'm BW38 also, haven't had chance to check yet, does that mean mine should be built too? And have a VIN? I'll have to wait until tomorrow to phone them! :D