BW 37, 38, 39, 40

OK So I'm still on BW 40, but haven't rang the dealer in a couple of weeks to get an update; I'll do that at the end of the week, when my sales agent is back from holiday.

However, I am starting to build of things to consider, prior to, and on picking up the car, which I haven't even though about until joining the forum. My current car going in PX for the S3 is a 2012 Jaguar XF-S 3.0D portfolio, bought new Sep 2012 - so quite a change for me.

Running in: Lots of info on here about 'running in'. Never did that with the Jag, which was driven relative hard from day one. Does the dealer provide any direction, or is this Forum best-practice?

RON 95/98: Never even gave any thought to the fact that I ought to be using RON 98 (coming from an oil burner!)

SIM Card: Seem to have found a solution now thanks to the forum. A 3 Data only 1 month plan seems to be the order of the day. Need one of those before picking the car up!

Any other top tips?? Anything experience suggests I should look at when I pick the car up?

Why does having ACC affect build date or not? Do they build them in batches?
Yer, it's all about what they can build in batches for cheaper production, availability of parts and also the amount of time for testing and quality control.

Oooh I've just been bumped up a week to BW39! Also picked up an owners manual today which I shall read and inwardly digest.

Still BW38 here, no move according to dealer. Waiting has never been my strong point...

Walked into the dealer and said, any chance of a copy of the owners manual while I'm waiting for delivery? Sales agent gave me the manual, quick reference guide and a hard copy of the brochure. He's trying to get a copy of the technology pack manual as well. Top bloke!

Just got told yesterday that my A3 Cabriolet should be delivered here stateside 27 October.

I've had mine confirmed to be built the 15th of September... I'm not sure what build week this is?

Awesome! I. Down for BW38 then! Hopefully they say for delivery 24th October, if anymore are BW38, this seems to be the time for delivery in UK ;)

I'm BW 39 and told mid Oct, hope it's later as I planned end of year!

I'm on BW 39 and was given an update from the dealership last week that I'm still on for early November.

I'm on BW 39 and was given an update from the dealership last week that I'm still on for early November.
Well that works out at what I have been told with my BW38, as I had them phone me direct, and they told me it is actually being built on the 15th September, and is arranged to be ready for me at the dealers for the 24th October, so I'm guessing that's all after shipping, registering etc, and actually ready for collection...

Are these who are BW38/39 with start/mid October dates to be at the dealers? Or actual collection times? As I'm guessing mine will be at the dealers a week or so before the 24th, then me able to collect on the 24th? :/

Are these who are BW38/39 with start/mid October dates to be at the dealers? Or actual collection times?
On my order form it says 3rd October collection at 2pm. My dealer seems very confident that will be the case. And it better be as I have my heart set on picking it up then and having it away on holiday with me the following week. If that doesn't happen there will be... well let's just hope it does.

On my order form it says 3rd October collection at 2pm. My dealer seems very confident that will be the case. And it better be as I have my heart set on picking it up then and having it away on holiday with me the following week. If that doesn't happen there will be... well let's just hope it does.

That's lucky, my order form is just full of TBC's and until its locked anything can happen.

Just had a call from the dealer. My car has been brought forward from BW40 to BW38!!
She also said that she has a customer with BW36 and it has been built already. So suggesting mine could be even earlier (and that they sometimes build them earlier without the dealer being informed?)
Getting exciting now!!

Well, all being well, mine should be working it's way down the production line this week!

Hopefully only a month to go ..... :lick:

Bad news for me just well it's not too bad, had my BW confirmed as 39 up from 38 and my dealer is confident that 10 days after build I will have it which will be hopefully Friday 10th Oct latest

Bad news for me just well it's not too bad, had my BW confirmed as 39 up from 38 and my dealer is confident that 10 days after build I will have it which will be hopefully Friday 10th Oct latest

10 days seems a bit short - mine was saying 2-3 weeks which seems to be about the consensus round here? I hope that is true of course, would have mine next week!

Well I've gone from BW41 to BW39 and now locked at BW40. Expected delivery 15th-20th October. Just about get to stay in this thread :p
Hmm this also... Ive got BW38.. and been given delivery date to me of mid october.. :/? Not sure which ones true? Lol

10 days seems a bit short - mine was saying 2-3 weeks which seems to be about the consensus round here? I hope that is true of course, would have mine next week!

Well I've assumed 10 days to be working days (2weeks) so about right, what are you waiting for?

I was told 3 to 4 weeks from start of build week was average but my car arrived at the dealership 2 weeks after start of BW. I suspect it may have been built a week early and no one told me though. Collecting in two days...

I have just had an email from the dealer to tell me that the car has now been built and is currently awaiting shipment to the UK :D

Same here GlynRS2 :) Exciting times! I have created a thread asking if anyone knows of a website you can track your vehicle on using the VIN number...I am sure someone posted a link before but can't find the thread for the life of me!

Glyn - you were on BW 37 yeah? So did you get bumped forward or have they literally built it in the last 3 days?