BW 37, 38, 39, 40

I have Audi Sound ordered , which is good value at 250, but for an extra 500 I can have 750 watts.

The reason to opt for non smoking is the cigerette lighter socket it not as highly rated as the 12v socket, confirmed in the manual.

Ok. Fair enough. Deffo worth doing the privacy glass though - I have.

Have you got the interior light package?

I have interior lighting pack, I think it's a must.

I am unsure about privacy glass, just feel like I am ordering something to pass the time.

What colour have you gone for Donny?

I have interior lighting pack, I think it's a must.

I am unsure about privacy glass, just feel like I am ordering something to pass the time.

What colour have you gone for Donny?

I've gone for Misano Red. Build Week is 39.

Hi all, first post here...

My car is confirmed for BW 37.

I tried to change specs on the car but dealer says it's no longer possible. Tried to add Audi Sound System and the Flat Bottom Sports Steering Wheel. Coming from an E92 m-sport I thought the steering wheel should be thicker than the standard sports steering wheel.

Spec is:
Audi A3 Ambition (Sport)
1.4 TFSI (COD) 150hp manual
Scuba Blue
S-Line External Package
17” x 7.5J 5-arm kinetic design alloy wheels
Technology Package Plus (includes: armrest, Bluetooth, xenon plus with rear led lights, MMI radio advance, cruise control)
Front and Rear parking sensors
Audi Music Interface
Rear View Camera
Folding & heated Mirrors
Rear seat armrest

Last edited:
I'm currently down for BW42 but my dealer has hinted that in all probability it will end up coming forward a week or two. Anyone else seeing their (earlier) BW's coming forward in practise?

I'm currently down for BW42 but my dealer has hinted that in all probability it will end up coming forward a week or two. Anyone else seeing their (earlier) BW's coming forward in practise?

I was on BW44 and that has now come down to BW40. The dealer has hinted that it could come forward even more - (but that's probably her just trying to stop me changing the spec ever 5 minutes!!)

I've gone from BW 38 to 37 then 36 so it does happen

How long before the build date does your order specification lock so that it cannot be changed?

Just had an update from my dealer build week is now 38 down from 39.

I am not going to amend spec upwards as have been advised that this will change my build week significantly. According to my sales manger they have just put through an S3 change and the build week got moved back by months, although I do not know what specification was changed.

I understand that one of the largest Audi groups (Aberdeen) is quoting February 2015 on new S3 orders.

^ it does appear from the members on here that most of the S3's are in the Aberdeen area.

Well, just had word from the dealer that my build week is confirmed, so Wk 37 it is.

No chance of earlier but at least it can't slip (apparently!)

It seems like I'm a lucky one...

Was initially quoted BW44 about a month after order. That went to BW40 shortly after, then a few weeks later... BW37 :)

Originally BW38 just moved back to BW37 so should be collecting my 2015 spec S3 Saloon Manual w/c 6th October...

6 Speed Manual
Sepang Blue
Alcantara/Leather Black Interior with Silver Stitching
Matt-Brushed Aluminium Inlays
19" 8J '5-twin spoke star' Alloys
B + O System
Privacy Glass
Electrically Adjustable Door Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors

Mods already in waiting...

DTUK Tuning Box
GNJ TPI Spacers (15mm Front and 20mm Back)
H&R Springs (20mm Front and Back)

Not sure I can wait much longer!!!

Well, just had word from the dealer that my build week is confirmed, so Wk 37 it is.

No chance of earlier but at least it can't slip (apparently!)
Mine also been confirmed build week 37. Still a long wait..

Nope, no movement or anything further on my BW38. It probably won't as I have ACC on it.

Why does having ACC affect build date or not? Do they build them in batches?

Just got my build week ; 39. Should be mid to back-end of October so not too long to wait now. Spec as sig...

Time to bid farewell to this thread. A few weeks ago advised week 37 build but now ready for pick up first week of September so I suspect it must have been approx. BW 31 - which to be fair is what I was originally given at time of ordering

Apologies if i've missed another thread for September build weeks, but it looks like i'm the first.My 15th July order has now been confirmed with a Wk 37 build date and estimated delivery of w/b 06 Oct 2014. Feels like a long way to go ...
Important day, that's my birthday and the day of my stag do in Barcelona lol

15th July? Happy belated b'day!

Hope they didn't go too easy on you on the stag, I was ruined after mine!

Time to bid farewell to this thread. A few weeks ago advised week 37 build but now ready for pick up first week of September so I suspect it must have been approx. BW 31 - which to be fair is what I was originally given at time of ordering

Congrats!

Mine is 2nd to last week in Sept (39/40). This link has a BW guide for those that don't know - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bw-41-42-43-44.223660/#post-2239766

I am thinking to ask about changing the audio, if it affects delivery I won't bother.

About non-smoking pack, I have done the same, intending to ask for the audi ashtray when collecting, don't they stock them at the dealer?

Why does having ACC affect build date or not? Do they build them in batches?
Logistics, and supply of parts from Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.

And then supply of components into Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.

JIT will be working all the way through the supply chain, so a change at the front will impact the supply chain, and availability.

My first time posting after lurking for a month. Just been told that by build week is 38 :D! Ordered mid July!

My first time buying and speccing a new car. Coming from a Toyota, its a big change. Buzzing with excitement!
:D

Reactions: DavidKing1987
Logistics, and supply of parts from Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.

And then supply of components into Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.

JIT will be working all the way through the supply chain, so a change at the front will impact the supply chain, and availability.

Makes sense, hadn't thought about the JIT processes

Another issue I discovered today was the summer break means they are fitting everything into tight schedules for when they return, so everything is systematic hence an option change may affect build date, especially if that option requires one set of wiring or another, it ends up changing when it is done.

VW made many cuts a while ago in light of the recession, pretty clever predication on their part and saved/earned them a fortune, only bad thing is the increase in lead times for us.

Hi everyone, I'm build week 38, checking in here. Expected to take delivery the week of October 20th. Sepang blue S3 sedan.

Hi guys, ordered 6th June (S3 Sportback S-Tronic). latest confirmed build week 37, expected at dealer 1st/2nd week Oct. It's been a long wait...

Reactions: DavidKing1987
True. It was a spec-amendable car already bound for the dealership so I guess I was luckier than some. The salesman tells me that a month later he put through another order for a similar S3 SB and it was showing January delivery!

Ordered my S3SB August 14th been told it's BW 38, expected delivery 15th Oct I haven't been waiting half as long as some but the wait is killing me!!!