BW 37, 38, 39, 40

CaesarBob

Reaction score
Apologies if i've missed another thread for September build weeks, but it looks like i'm the first.My 15th July order has now been confirmed with a Wk 37 build date and estimated delivery of w/b 06 Oct 2014. Feels like a long way to go ...

Last edited:
Aha! I have ordered the exact same car as yours, however mine is manual and black.. And I got confirmation of my order at start if July.. And have been given a delivery date to myself as 24/10/14, but no "confirmed" build date as of yet? I hope it gets delivered same time as yours lol

I have heard that the Stronic box adds to the lead time, so on that basis i would've expected your car to arrive sooner, especially if you ordered a week or two before me.

Why not rename the thread title BW 37,38,39,40 to keep consistency with the others? :)

I'm down for build week 37 yet the dealer reckoned that I'd have delivery by the end of September.....Don't get me wrong, I won't complain if he manages it!

The race is on! :moa:

If your is a private order you might have a better chance than me (company car). Even though I work for the leasing co, we still get made a lower priority than the private buyers.

Reactions: benhock101
Having paid my deposit on the 18th July told today I should be week 38 so delivery in October for my 8v S3SB. Luckily my dealer was able to pull something from a sister branch of an existing slot so looks like my luck is right in reading some other posts here so fingers crossed it stays that way.

S3 SB Stron Sepang Blue - 10Spoke titanium alloys, Tech and comfort pack, Privacy glass and pano roof, advance key, Red calis, alcantara all black

Reactions: CaesarBob
Build week 39 for me. Have been told to expect mid October delivery.

A3 SB S Line - Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass & Audi Sound System in Misano Red.

BW 37 for my A3 saloon ordered on May 10th. Was initially told BW44 and was expecting delivery late November! Thankfully, that has since been reduced to BW40 then BW37.

A3 Saloon S-line S-tronic in Misano Red - Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ILP, Extended mono.pur, Advanced Key plus others.

:)

Have been given provisional build week comm 8th sept for early Oct delivery. Which build week is this ?

A3 SB 1.4 tfsi 150 s tronic. ACC, Xenons, comfort with park plus, privacy glass, sat nav, through load, hill hold.

Have been given provisional build week comm 8th sept for early Oct delivery. Which build week is this ?

A3 SB 1.4 tfsi 150 s tronic. ACC, Xenons, comfort with park plus, privacy glass, sat nav, through load, hill hold.

I think you're the same as me: BW37

Ordered last Sunday, build week 39, estimated delivery middle of October.

Hmm.. Seems like everyone with 1.4tfsi engines (cod of no cod) I've seen so far have been given estimated delivery dates of October..? Could be coincidence or planned builds by audi :yahoo:

The factories do work on a batch basis I think. Let's hope it doesn't slip, I'm impatient already!

Hmm.. Seems like everyone with 1.4tfsi engines (cod of no cod) I've seen so far have been given estimated delivery dates of October..? Could be coincidence or planned builds by audi :yahoo:

Mine's 2.0 Diesel - build week 39

I'm out of here.. mine got pushed forward to BW 36 :p

I ordered my saloon last week of March. Given 14 weeks. Then extended to provisional BW44. Now heard this week that it's BW40. Still a while off though!!

A3 Saloon 1.4 S-tronic. Brilliant Red. Comfort pack. Park Assist. Reversing Camera.

God, it's not even a week later! It's going to be a long slog til October. :keule:

God, it's not even a week later! It's going to be a long slog til October. :keule:

Tell me about it !

Spare a thought for some of those who are ordering now though. I went into my dealer the other day and he was telling me about someone who wanted to buy a new A3 saloon last weekend. They've got to wait until mid-January for delivery !

Tell me about it !

Spare a thought for some of those who are ordering now though. I went into my dealer the other day and he was telling me about someone who wanted to buy a new A3 saloon last weekend. They've got to wait until mid-January for delivery !

That’s actually not quite as long as I will have waited. Ordered wk13 - BW40

It feels like I'm a 5 year old waiting for Christmas...... BW 37 is my birthday week though so maybe me and my car can share a birthday :thumbsup:

Do people count the "birth" of their car as the build day/week, or delivery/collection day?

Do people count the "birth" of their car as the build day/week, or delivery/collection day?

Think for me, I'm viewing order day as conception, build day as birthday and delivery/collection as the day of bringing home from the 'hospital':whistle2:

Reactions: Dafid6
I didn't realise the order times had been that long, for so long. If that makes sense!

My S5 black edition is confirmed for build week 37.
Order was placed 2nd week of June (week 24), dealer thinks it will be ready for pick up in week 41.
17 weeks from order to delivery is such a long time to wait!

Mine's a 184 TDI, build week 38 is still on apparently and delivery some time in October.

End of June car was ordered. Originally had it in BW40 but that's been brought forward to 39. Still a long time to wait!! :-(

Gone for S3 SB Manual in Sepang, Alcantera in black with Silver headlining, roof rails, comfort pack, tech pack high, and privacy windows.

This will be the 6th Audi I've had. Currently in a MY14 Q5 Sline plus but having just moved house, needed something a little cheaper. So here comes the S3!

I've had a Audi A4 TDi Technik Ultra in Volcano red on order since the 18th of April as a company car. I was expecting delivery around the end of this week but just this second been told its going to be delayed by another two weeks as its delayed in transit. Still on the North Sea!

That will take it up to 18 weeks for delivery, which for a near enough bog standard A4 is a long time.

Is the S3 really cheaper, or is there some man-maths at work here?!

It's working out about £80-90 cheaper a month, after the deposit over the same length. Insurance is roughly the same and fuel costs should be similar too. Spec wise, not much in it, and the Q5 has really good residuals so the deal was pretty good.

Man maths may have been used to convince the other half a smaller, faster car is a better option!

The wait is starting to hurt, although it's only been three weeks.

I am thinking of changing spec, but am trying to resist. The B&O is really tempting, I might switch to non smoker and order the ashtray seperately and add the privacy glass.

Although 800 quid is 800 quid, what do you think?

The wait is starting to hurt, although it's only been three weeks.

I am thinking of changing spec, but am trying to resist. The B&O is really tempting, I might switch to non smoker and order the ashtray seperately and add the privacy glass.

Although 800 quid is 800 quid, what do you think?

Why not go for the Audi Sound System as a compromise? Also, why switch to non-smoker if you are then going to ask for the ashtray back? My dealer advised me to keep the smoker pack in order to keep the lovely ashtray - looks good and useful for keeping change/sweets in. I've change my spec twice since I ordered it 3 weeks ago and it's not effected my build week.