BW 17,18,19,20

Well I have called Audi CS today and it appears the car is at Sheerness, they didn't say if it had been loaded or when it will be transported, maybe I will ask the dealer to do some work now and chase it as I have been so far.....

Hoping for at least a Saturday pick up next week but if earlier then that would be nice!

Well I have called Audi CS today and it appears the car is at Sheerness, they didn't say if it had been loaded or when it will be transported, maybe I will ask the dealer to do some work now and chase it as I have been so far.....

Hoping for at least a Saturday pick up next week but if earlier then that would be nice!

Be aware that the dealers are not allowed to chase the delivery from the docks until a car has been there for at least 7 days.

Which dealer are you getting yours from? Mine is bexley, so should be sheerness too. Picking up next weekend (1st)

Southampton Audi is mine. Dealer just said hopefully they will load up asap, as it's been in the country for 24 hours. If it arrives on Tuesday they can turn it around in 2 days. But don't know if I should wait till the Saturday as I won't get to the dealers till 5:30pm during the week and want to spend alot of time making sure it has every thing on the build and no damage.

I have had two cars before with alloy damage, gear knob with damage from rings and my girlfriends A1 had a small dent on the bottom of the door! I will look at it in alot of depth! :ninja:

Last edited:
I cannot actually believe that I will be driving my new S3 SB tomorrow morning with a build week 19:) oh my life

Reactions: Chimp
I cannot actually believe that I will be driving my new S3 SB tomorrow morning with a build week 19:) oh my life

Have Fun :icon_thumright: and enjoy your sleepless night
Put some pics when you can pull your self away from the car :yes:

Enjoy. You will be so pleased with it. Yet to find anything I dislike about my S3 :s3addict:

Build week 18 and delivered this morning...

Loving the car to bits, and driven from Yorkshire to the Cotswolds this afternoon. Top motor...

uzuzupu9.jpg

Finance papers signed today... Car arrived at dealership yesterday but held back from seeing it till I collect it at 4pm Thursday... Actually can't wait now, thank god it's a 3 day weekend so I only have to work 3 days before I pick it up, I think they are still going to be the longest days of my life though :(

Would people mind giving me an idea of what sort of monthly payments they are making on a new S3. I'm just looking at ordering one. I've arranged to take one out tomorrow and would like an idea of the best deals before I start talking money with the salesman.
Also what are people's opinions on the options, any must haves? I'm just thinking of going for the s-tronic and the black to replace the chrome? Anything else I should look at?
Any help would be appreciated.

Would people mind giving me an idea of what sort of monthly payments they are making on a new S3. I'm just looking at ordering one. I've arranged to take one out tomorrow and would like an idea of the best deals before I start talking money with the salesman.
Also what are people's opinions on the options, any must haves? I'm just thinking of going for the s-tronic and the black to replace the chrome? Anything else I should look at?
Any help would be appreciated.

Put £2k down with £2k equity from my trade in and it is under £400 a month on 3 year term. 6k miles P.A. Based on £33k car (after discount).

Its cheap(ish) to finance due to the high guaranteed value on PCP.

Black pack for me is colour dependent. Options must have for me personally are LED headlights, high beam assist, comfort pack (gives you a lot of good kit) and privacy glass.

^ are you really only going to do 6k pa, or is that just for the finance numbers?

^ are you really only going to do 6k pa, or is that just for the finance numbers?

Bit of both. My S3 is weekend / good weather car. My A1 Ive just traded in had done 10,000 miles in 28 months.

Put £2k down with £2k equity from my trade in and it is under £400 a month on 3 year term. 6k miles P.A. Based on £33k car (after discount).

Its cheap(ish) to finance due to the high guaranteed value on PCP.

Black pack for me is colour dependent. Options must have for me personally are LED headlights, high beam assist, comfort pack (gives you a lot of good kit) and privacy glass.

Thanks for the info. Is that with Audi finance? So that's a car costing 33k with a 2k deposit over 36 months? I've been looking on a few websites and can't get anything under £400 a month and that's over 48 months,with a car costing 30k after discount!
i don't suppose it matters about mileage unless you intend to just hand the car back,which you are unlikely to do on a pcp.

So people don't bother with the sat nav?

Thanks for the info. Is that with Audi finance? So that's a car costing 33k with a 2k deposit over 36 months? I've been looking on a few websites and can't get anything under £400 a month and that's over 48 months,with a car costing 30k after discount!
i don't suppose it matters about mileage unless you intend to just hand the car back,which you are unlikely to do on a pcp.

So people don't bother with the sat nav?

Yep Audi finance. Its £4k deposit with my trade in cash. Wouldn't rely on internet quotes as nothing like the Audi calculations.

Thanks for that. I'm still getting nowhere near that on a cheaper car!! Would you mind telling me which dealer this was from please.

Anybody else got any figures they wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm awaiting an s3 saloon. Got a £2.5k discount, the. Enough extras to take it back up to £38k. I'm putting £6.5k cash deposit down from my trade in and will be paying £395 per month on a 4 yr deal. I got the rock bottom interest at the time of ordering (3rd jan). I fair had to push them to get that deal under £400. That meant retaining their Gap insurance on it, but the deal still worked out better than I had see offered anywhere else, including drive the deal and car wow ( I think!).

A few days before I had done this deal I was in an other dealership negotiating a deal on an s3 sportback (I had a sudden change of heart after seeing a saloon in the showroom!). That was on a car worth around £35k with a £5k deposit, 8k miles over 3 yrs. the dealer began by offering at £640 per month!!! Within 20 mins I had brought that down by £200t but obviously didn't settle on that deal.

I managed to negotiate 5% off the whole car (S3 saloon) including options and they threw in gap insurance as well. I put down £3k deposit and am hiring for 48 months. My monthly payments are £493.

I'm awaiting an s3 saloon. Got a £2.5k discount, the. Enough extras to take it back up to £38k. I'm putting £6.5k cash deposit down from my trade in and will be paying £395 per month on a 4 yr deal. I got the rock bottom interest at the time of ordering (3rd jan). I fair had to push them to get that deal under £400. That meant retaining their Gap insurance on it, but the deal still worked out better than I had see offered anywhere else, including drive the deal and car wow ( I think!).

A few days before I had done this deal I was in an other dealership negotiating a deal on an s3 sportback (I had a sudden change of heart after seeing a saloon in the showroom!). That was on a car worth around £35k with a £5k deposit, 8k miles over 3 yrs. the dealer began by offering at £640 per month!!! Within 20 mins I had brought that down by £200t but obviously didn't settle on that deal.

So you are financing 31.5k and it's costing you £395 a month over 48,that seems to be what I was expecting it to be, but all I'm getting at the moment is the high £400's. I'm sure when Audi hit me with their first quote tomorrow you will have to pick me up off the floor!!

I managed to negotiate 5% off the whole car (S3 saloon) including options and they threw in gap insurance as well. I put down £3k deposit and am hiring for 48 months. My monthly payments are £493.

So what was the final price of the car and how much were you financing after the 3k deposit?

So mine was £35.5k I negotiated down to £32.5k, put down £2000 and paying £450 a month with 12,000 Miles over 48 months.

So mine was £35.5k I negotiated down to £32.5k, put down £2000 and paying £450 a month with 12,000 Miles over 48 months.

So you are financing £30.5k at £450 a month? Is there any reason why you went for 12k miles a year as I'm lead to believe that the mileage only comes into play if you hand the car back,if you've n intention of doing this then I'm told it's best to go for low mileage option.

What sort of balloon figure are we looking at for a 48 month pcp?

Last edited:
So you are financing £30.5k at £450 a month? Is there any reason why you went for 12k miles a year as I'm lead to believe that the mileage only comes into play if you hand the car back,if you've n intention of doing this then I'm told it's best to go for low mileage option.

You're right about the mileage if you're refinancing. They'll take the value of the car as opposed to the mileage overpayments.

I've never been able to get a dealer to convincingly stake his life that you won't be charged the 7.2p per mile over mileage penalty payment though.

Definitely, if you're handing the car back at the end of the term, you'll be hit with the over mileage penalty, as this has affected the GMFV.

And in theory, if you're refinancing - the trade in value will account for the over mileage.

But in the finance paperwork - there is definitely a pro-rata clause in the event of pro-rata over mileage!

So you are financing 31.5k and it's costing you £395 a month over 48,that seems to be what I was expecting it to be, but all I'm getting at the moment is the high £400's. I'm sure when Audi hit me with their first quote tomorrow you will have to pick me up off the floor!!

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm getting. My initial quote was well up in the £400's. I brought them down by about £100. I did have to up my deposit a little though I was originally planning on putting £5k. I had to keep the gap insurance in for them to be able to do it. You just need to go with ideas of what you can get elsewhere, tell them you're willing to sign but also be prepared to walk out if the deal isn't right. There's plenty of other places to get the car you want from!

When VWFS were offering the 6.4% APR, I got a quote from Orange Wheels as follows:
£3k down
£1k equity in my current trade in
£35.6k car (before discount)
10k pa mileage
£15.6k GMFV
£406 monthly payment over 48 months

In the end I ended up with my friendly dealer, with a more expensive car (more options), and a monthly a shade under £400. He not only matched it, but did better!

Now the VWFS APR is 7.1%, you'll struggle to match that sort of monthly payment, but of course, if you increase your deposit, anything is possible :)

The only reason I have put 12k miles is that i do a lot mileage, if I were to run into financial difficulties to the point I needed to hand the car back I would hopefully not get penalised so much.... For the extra it puts on the monthly payments I thought it was worth it.

When VWFS were offering the 6.4% APR, I got a quote from Orange Wheels as follows:
£3k down
£1k equity in my current trade in
£35.6k car (before discount)
10k pa mileage
£15.6k GMFV
£406 monthly payment over 48 months

In the end I ended up with my friendly dealer, with a more expensive car (more options), and a monthly a shade under £400. He not only matched it, but did better!

Now the VWFS APR is 7.1%, you'll struggle to match that sort of monthly payment, but of course, if you increase your deposit, anything is possible :)

So in that quote you would be financing £31.6k and paying £406 a month over 48. That seems more like it! If like you say,your dealer bettered that, then I don't say a reason why that couldn't be done.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm getting. My initial quote was well up in the £400's. I brought them down by about £100. I did have to up my deposit a little though I was originally planning on putting £5k. I had to keep the gap insurance in for them to be able to do it. You just need to go with ideas of what you can get elsewhere, tell them you're willing to sign but also be prepared to walk out if the deal isn't right. There's plenty of other places to get the car you want from!

I don't believe the deposit really matters,it's just the amount you are financing that affects your payments. Thanks for the info though,I'm just off to the dealer now! Rest assure I'll walk away if they quote silly figures,I did just that with this dealership when I bought my A4 3.0 tdi!

The only reason I have put 12k miles is that i do a lot mileage, if I were to run into financial difficulties to the point I needed to hand the car back I would hopefully not get penalised so much.... For the extra it puts on the monthly payments I thought it was worth it.

I understand where you are coming from,but you would still have the option of just selling the car if you had the time to do that of course.

So in that quote you would be financing £31.6k and paying £406 a month over 48. That seems more like it! If like you say,your dealer bettered that, then I don't say a reason why that couldn't be done.
You forgot the discount, the amount to finance after discount was something like £28.5k

You forgot the discount, the amount to finance after discount was something like £28.5k

Cheers for that. I see you are based Cheshire/staffs, I'm in Cheshire, which dealer did you use and which gave you the best deal?

Worcester Audi. Speak to Bill.

But I gather that discounts are reined back right now, and the APR has gone up.

Your best route is still to get online quotes from the likes of Drive the Deal, and Orange Wheels, before ringing up dealers.

What a waste of time today has been! My local dealer sold the car I was suppose to be taking out which really annoyed me. The salesman couldn't get another car for me to drive and then couldn't get on the system to work me out some quotes!
I gave up and thought I'd try another dealer,my other two nearest dealers didn't have a car to drive but did have a very nice S3 saloon in the pearl red which comes standard on 19's and looked very very nice,might have changed my mind now.
Hopefully sorted a car to drive for Tuesday so can't really do anything until then.

Not surprised you had the run around. In my area (south west) demonstrators seem to be quite rare. My dealer in Salisbury had one but that was sold in January and its taken until May to get two more (white saloon and black 3 door which was cancelled order) but both still in the showroom so technically they still don't have to test drive.

Sure you wilk love it when you finally get chance to drive one.

Last edited:
I think I got a good deal??
35,500 before discount,
4k equity from trade in
1500k deposit
9000 final settlement
£320 a month for 48 months

Sooo 17:00GMT tomorrow, no wait today, I pick up my S3 saloon in black.... about to attempt some sleep (doubtful). Work all day... interviewing candidates, so should pass the time quickly.

Let me know if anyone wants pics :)