BW 10, 11, 12, 13

I have received fomal notice from my dealer that my car will be ready for collection on Thursday of next week at 10:00hrs, they contacted me by telephone and I welcomed the news warmly. My patience has been rewarded with such news, and I now see the error of my previous ways in continually chasing and seeking hope from the many gods before me.

I wait in joyjul peace and tranquility until I can cast my eyes onto my beautiful machine. :kissmyrings:

I've got to come clean, my wife noted that I had gone to the dark side and called the dealer - only one call from her and it was all sorted ! :kiss:

Ahhhhhhh why did I look up this forum. Black, white, black, white... Led's or zenons. So far I have specd. B and o, privacy glass, comfort pack, black styling and black roof rails and glacier white paint and have that on order. Then read you can get LEDs for 490 with comfort. So now thinking of dropping the black styling, swapping the rails to silver and paying the 95 difference for LEDs. I think the wife's going to throttle me by the time car arrives.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh why did I look up this forum. Black, white, black, white... Led's or zenons. So far I have specd. B and o, privacy glass, comfort pack, black styling and black roof rails and glacier white paint and have that on order. Then read you can get LEDs for 490 with comfort. So now thinking of dropping the black styling, swapping the rails to silver and paying the 95 difference for LEDs. I think the wife's going to throttle me by the time car arrives.

It's a very big options list and can get very expensive! Stick with what you have unless you really want the LED's as your spec is good - what model and engine have you gone for?

7hrs and counting and can't sleep.:jump:

Sportback. 150tdi manual. = Cheap tax, great mileage and fun drive. Currently have a 61 plate tdi black edition. But done just under 60k in just over 2 years. So need a car to replace this and enjoy just as much as the previous model.

I have a 11 plate 2.0tdi 170 Black Edition s-tronic (for 5 hours more anyway) and opted for the COD for the cheap tax and est running costs, if the COD doesn't work out to be as economical as est will go back to diesel.

Enjoy your new car when you get it :)

I have just received a postcard from my dealer dated 27 March showing lots of cars at a dock...

It tells me that my car has now arrived in the UK, presumably unloaded from the Schelde Highway which docked at Grimsby on the 26th.

Not long now!!

Last edited:
When my car was late being built the salesperson couldn't apologise enough and promptly arranged for me to have a Q3 as a loan vehicle...

I think my salesman has been too busy trying to cover up his own mistake, also trying to tell me it wasn't due til the end of May in the first place (which is a lie). Hopefully the manager will be able to offer something decent on Monday.

Is anyone still waiting to be told that their car has arrived in the UK?

This thread is so adictive, I'm not sure whether the building excitement - I collect my baby in 70 hours time-is better or worse than waiting for Man City to beat Arsenal - but omg we have gone 0-1 up as I write this!
Going to be a close run thing hehe :footy:

Collected mine this morning and omg it's awesome.

Reactions: 0B1001001
You were lucky Dave. Mine sat at Emden for 14 days.

Yes I seem to have been very lucky with the is car. My previous A3 took 20 weeks from order to delivery. This one has so far only been 6 weeks from order to arriving in the UK. The current one took over an existing order that the dealer originally placed 11-Dec-2013 which would be a total of 15 weeks so far. When I spoke to the dealer about a test drive in a 184 s-tronic in early December they said they had just sold their 184 s-tronic demonstrator so perhaps they ordered another one and I took over that order.

Still at Emden... apparently they have a ship Wednesday and then one next Thursday - so I will call back at end of Wednesday to see if it managed to hitch a ride.

Getting bored waiting now but I did feel sorry for my old Golf and gave it a clean yesterday - turns out it's actually still silver underneath :ohmy:

Still at Emden... apparently they have a ship Wednesday and then one next Thursday - so I will call back at end of Wednesday to see if it managed to hitch a ride.

Getting bored waiting now but I did feel sorry for my old Golf and gave it a clean yesterday - turns out it's actually still silver underneath :ohmy:

Which port is it coming in to?

Where is your dealer located because that should tell us which port.

South and South West dealers get the cars through Sheerness, North England and Scotland through Tyne and the rest through Grimsby.

Where is your dealer located because that should tell us which port.

South and South West dealers get the cars through Sheerness, North England and Scotland through Tyne and the rest through Grimsby.

Basingstoke.

Basingstoke.

That will almost certainly be through Sheerness which is why the dealer has told you about another ship on Wednesday and then next Thursday. Sheerness get less ships that Grimsby which tends to have one every day but they are the smaller ships (700-800 cars) whereas the larger ones that go in to Sheerness carry 1500 cars. Hopefully yours will be on this Wednesday's ship.

Mines now in Grimsby - just need them to release it for transport so dealer can know when it will arrive.

Mines was built week 12. Just phoned audi CS and was told that mine is at Emden waiting to shipped. They said that it will either get shipped this week or next week. Anyone also in the same situation?

Mines was built week 12. Just phoned audi CS and was told that mine is at Emden waiting to shipped. They said that it will either get shipped this week or next week. Anyone also in the same situation?

Me - build week 12 too (built on the 18th) and sat at Emden as well.

Still waiting for mine, now looking at mid-April. Apparently the march 1st backlog is still clearing. Also it can take up to 21 days to pass customs once it reaches the UK so it might be a long wait....

Ordered mine 1st week in Feb - scheduled for BW13... But when I phoned the dealer the on the 20th March and he told it was in Emden waiting to be shipped (so was BW12). Spoke to him today and he says it is on a ship and should be with them middle of next week. Dealer is in London so will this come into Grimsby ? If so I have have just had a look and the Schelde Highway left Emden on the 30th and arrived in Grimsby tonight. This is a vehicles carrier so hopefully some of our cars (please let one be mine !!) might be on it........

Last edited:
Still waiting for mine, now looking at mid-April. Apparently the march 1st backlog is still clearing. Also it can take up to 21 days to pass customs once it reaches the UK so it might be a long wait....

I was not aware new cars imported by a manufacturer required any form of Customs clearance. My 2012 A3 took just one week from arriving at Grimsby to being delivered to my dealer.

The 8V I have on order arrived at Grimsby on 26 March, 8 days after being built. I'm hoping it will be delivered to my dealer this week.

Well signature say's it all, just 27 1/2hrs to go, getting just a little bit excited now,:jump: will have to stay at home today twiddling my thumbs as I have only got enough fuel in my current Golf GTD to get to dealers with a cupful to spare. Can not decide if to occupy myself by cleaning it, well quick wash and hover? Will be glad as I will no longer have to chase the salesman which I have had to do all the way. No updates etc from him, will be able to delete telephone Number from my redial list. Latest example of this was for the bank transfer for part payment that I made yesterday, I did request he check and notify me that they had received the payment, well no confirmation received, will have to ring today to check this myself. Very poor customer relations, think I will be taking car to different dealer for service etc. Don't think the customer satisfaction survey will reflect on them very well.

Well signature say's it all, just 27 1/2hrs to go, getting just a little bit excited now,:jump: will have to stay at home today twiddling my thumbs as I have only got enough fuel in my current Golf GTD to get to dealers with a cupful to spare. Can not decide if to occupy myself by cleaning it, well quick wash and hover? Will be glad as I will no longer have to chase the salesman which I have had to do all the way. No updates etc from him, will be able to delete telephone Number from my redial list. Latest example of this was for the bank transfer for part payment that I made yesterday, I did request he check and notify me that they had received the payment, well no confirmation received, will have to ring today to check this myself. Very poor customer relations, think I will be taking car to different dealer for service etc. Don't think the customer satisfaction survey will reflect on them very well.

50hrs to go for me and counting...........................:racer:

Just to get you in the mood a little bit more. Image

Many thanks - did see you Pic's the other day when you posted it. Looks very nice.

I hope mine gets on the ferry this Wednesday - all this talk of collecting cars is highly unfair!