BW 10, 11, 12, 13

When I called in to my dealers earlier today to give them my PP Retention Certificate I asked if they knew the VIN number yet. Yes was the reply and the young lady wrote it down on the back of one of her cards. When I got home I sent a PM to the US website that had provided me with a full 'Car data' printout for my existing Sportback from the Audi computer system. I have just received a print-out from them listed 176 three digit codes and descriptions giving all the 'bits' the car is fitted with and the date the car was actually built - 18-Mar-14.
So your car is in the UK as well?

Hi! Mine is week 14 (I think) and I'm receiving it next week (to Spain)

Veeeight I've decided you're not a nice person, my heart can't take the strain!

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight
So your car is in the UK as well?

No mine is still waiting at Emden for shipment to Grimsby.

I have just been looking at the 'Car details' printout I mentioned in my earlier post and included in the 176 codes are the codes for the 14 options I've ordered so it looks like everything will be correct when it does arrive.

Still stuck in port in Germany :( dealer thinks 4th April at a push but unlikely :sob:

Neckar Highway is due in at Grimsby at 12:00 today with another shipment of cars and Schelde Highway is due in at 01.15 tomorrow so perhaps our cars will be on one of those. There seems to be one ship a day arriving at Grimsby every day at the moment.

Been reading other model forums, it seems that 15 days at Emden is the "normal" wait time at the moment, others have been lucky that their cars have made it onto a boat before 15 days.

And then another 5 to 7 days delay at Grimsby before the transporters load your car up.

I'm sure it will help if they use the large 3000 car ships, why do Audi use the smaller 800 car ships that have to go through the locks at Grimsby?

Been reading other model forums, it seems that 15 days at Emden is the "normal" wait time at the moment, others have been lucky that their cars have made it onto a boat before 15 days.

And then another 5 to 7 days delay at Grimsby before the transporters load your car up.

I'm sure it will help if they use the large 3000 car ships, why do Audi use the smaller 800 car ships that have to go through the locks at Grimsby?

They could use the larger ships if they are available as Grimsby now that the new Grimsby River Terminal is open This can accommodate larger ships as they don't have to go through the locks to get to the Alexandra dock. The Neckar and Schelde Highway carry about 750/850 cars whereas the Danube, Elbe, Seine and Thames Highway can carry around 1600 cars. The bigger ships may already be contracted by other companies or used for other longer routes.

I am now in high state of Zen - I have achieved this by deciding not to look at anymore updates on this thread. This has given me a higher level of calmness and I have now entered a almost trancelike state, I will remain like this until my dealer contacts me and confirms that my car is ready for picking up and letting me choose a date when this is suitable for me. I will not chase them or customer services for threads of comfort as to where my car is / was or likely to be.

May I suggest that all those on BW 10, 11, 12, 13 also take this advice.

:zen:

Reactions: santifer, 0B1001001 and jbs2472
When I called in to my dealers earlier today to give them my PP Retention Certificate I asked if they knew the VIN number yet. Yes was the reply and the young lady wrote it down on the back of one of her cards. When I got home I sent a PM to the US website that had provided me with a full 'Car data' printout for my existing Sportback from the Audi computer system. I have just received a print-out from them listed 176 three digit codes and descriptions giving all the 'bits' the car is fitted with and the date the car was actually built - 18-Mar-14.

Hi h5djr

Can you post a link or let me know the 'US website' for the car data?

Cheers
Keef

I am now in high state of Zen - I have achieved this by deciding not to look at anymore updates on this thread. This has given me a higher level of calmness and I have now entered a almost trancelike state, I will remain like this until my dealer contacts me and confirms that my car is ready for picking up and letting me choose a date when this is suitable for me. I will not chase them or customer services for threads of comfort as to where my car is / was or likely to be.

May I suggest that all those on BW 10, 11, 12, 13 also take this advice.

:zen:

I tried to do something along these lines to, however it nearly started me smoking again, have not for nearly a year now. Thought that looking at the forum and chasing my dealer was the better option.......

Reactions: Blu-iTT
Hi h5djr

Can you post a link or let me know the 'US website' for the car data?

Cheers
Keef

Yes of course. The website is: myTouareg.info :: Index page
You will need to register to become a member but this is free. Once you are accepted you need to got the the forum section 'ETKA Support' and the thread 'PR Codes and ETKA 7.4' Put in a post with the VIN number and the guys who run the site have access to the central computer system which will produce the Car details which you can then download from their reply.

Any problems let me know.

Reactions: 0B1001001
Joined - let's see if I can get my VIN from the dealer now...

Dealer emailed today to let me know 'exited the port of Emden today'

Does that mean the car is waiting at the port or it's on a ship?

And a reply already - car was hatched 18th March and appears to be to spec apart from it does have the smoking pack, I changed my order to not have it... did anyone get to the bottom of what the actual differences here were?

Cheers Dave for the link BTW!

And a reply already - car was hatched 18th March and appears to be to spec apart from it does have the smoking pack, I changed my order to not have it... did anyone get to the bottom of what the actual differences here were?

Cheers Dave for the link BTW!

My 8V was also built on the 18th March.... does that mean they will be brothers or sisters!!!

I decided to leave the smoking pack in on my order. I think the only difference is that you get a cigarette lighter in the 12v socket and the chrome finish ashtray. I will probably use the ashtray for storage and can always change the cigarette lighter for a usb plug or a plug-in torch.

If you ever decide you want a copy of the ETKA parts catalogue you can download all the necessary files and all the updates and price files from the same website. The installation gets a bit involved but it works fine. It will only run in Windows 32-bit.

My 8V was also built on the 18th March.... does that mean they will be brothers or sisters!!!

I decided to leave the smoking pack in on my order. I think the only difference is that you get a cigarette lighter in the 12v socket and the chrome finish ashtray. I will probably use the ashtray for storage and can always change the cigarette lighter for a usb plug or a plug-in torch.

If you ever decide you want a copy of the ETKA parts catalogue you can download all the necessary files and all the updates and price files from the same website. The installation gets a bit involved but it works fine. It will only run in Windows 32-bit.

So let's see when the cars actually get to the dealers... I am hoping for just over 2 weeks.

Will be interesting to see if my dealer includes the smoking pack ashtray or not when it comes to collection - at least it's a trivial thing - car has correct engine, seats, lights, etc!

I'm hoping to never touch the car (apart from the bits I need to to get it from A to B) - 5 year warranty and 3 years servicing already paid for!

So let's see when the cars actually get to the dealers... I am hoping for just over 2 weeks.

Will be interesting to see if my dealer includes the smoking pack ashtray or not when it comes to collection - at least it's a trivial thing - car has correct engine, seats, lights, etc!

I'm hoping to never touch the car (apart from the bits I need to to get it from A to B) - 5 year warranty and 3 years servicing already paid for!

Will you not wash it occasionally !! It could get very dirty over 5 years.

Which UK port will your car be coming to ?

Will you not wash it occasionally !! It could get very dirty over 5 years.

Which UK port will your car be coming to ?

Ah, there's bound to be some washing involved too - in a slightly OCD way early on no doubt, decreasing as the years go by :yes:

Guess Sheerness will be the port, as the car's coming to Basingstoke.

Ah, there's bound to be some washing involved too - in a slightly OCD way early on no doubt, decreasing as the years go by :yes:

Guess Sheerness will be the port, as the car's coming to Basingstoke.

In theory yes, but PilotAudi (who is currently on enforced 'garden leave') reckons his came in through Grimsby and he bought his S3 from Bristol Audi.

Well after kicking up Jack I am finally taking delivery on Tuesday 1st (afternoon) - the car has suddenly materialised! Good news but delayed again because the financing company want to wait until 1st for taxation purposes or at least that is what they are telling me.

Well after kicking up Jack I am finally taking delivery on Tuesday 1st (afternoon) - the car has suddenly materialised! Good news but delayed again because the financing company want to wait until 1st for taxation purposes or at least that is what they are telling me.

Glad to hear it worked out OK in the end. Enjoy the car :)

I hoping to take delivery on 2nd, what have you been waiting for? Sure it will have been worth the wait.

In theory yes, but PilotAudi (who is currently on enforced 'garden leave') reckons his came in through Grimsby and he bought his S3 from Bristol Audi.

I seem to recall my dealer saying the ship docked first at one port, then proceeding to the next port for my drop off. Does that match the route taken for the transporters?

:banghead::slapped:My 'dealer' is keeping my fix going............."come back at 11 o'clock, bring the cash an I'll see what I can get you". I'm starting to get the shakes now and really withdrwaing into myself.......can't concentrate......when will it end !!

:banghead: :slapped: :banghead:

47hrs and 41 minutes until I collect mine - not that I am counting.:racer:

I seem to recall my dealer saying the ship docked first at one port, then proceeding to the next port for my drop off. Does that match the route taken for the transporters?

As far as I can see from the Marine Traffic website the ships that come in to Grimsby just unload and then go straight back to Emden to collect another shipment. At the moment VAG seem to use different ships for the three different ports. The 'Highways' for Grimsby, the 'Vikings' for Sheerness and the 'Cities' for Tyne. That may change in the near future as the new Grimsby River Terminal (see post #87 for a picture of the new terminal and the lock) means that it can take larger ships as they don't have to go through a lock to get in to the inner docks at Grimsby.

Don't forget to post pics when you get your cars !!!!

Camera is all charged up and ready. I usually take it with me when I collect my new car and get of photo of the two cars (existing and new) together with the same number plate!!

For anyone who's car is coming to the UK via Sheerness, the Viking Constanz docked at 06:50 this morning (27th)

Well getting very excited now, called at dealers this morning to get an update. Pulled into the car park, whoops mind the transporter, YEHEEEEEEEEE. there was my baby sitting on the transporter waiting to be off loaded. Delivery day 11am 2nd April..... Must remember to put a reminder on the calendar so that I do not forget. Might even tie a knot in my handkerchief !!!!!!!!! LONG WAIT GETTING SHORTER - there is a light at the end of the rainbow......... A Daytona GREY one.. well A3 infact.:hubbahubba::yahoo:

Just a couple don't like the two tone paint Grey and White!!!!!!!!!

DSCF0777

DSCF0778

Despite the tow tone she still looks GOOOOOOOOOOOODD

Last edited:
Dealer called this morning, Code 39 !!!!!

<taps foot>

Quick question re finance/PCP

Have any of you doing finance or PCP had to go in ahead of handover day, to sign finance paperwork? Dealer suggested that changed to FSA rules meant that you have to go "in good time" ahead of handover, to sign agreement etc.

Well getting very excited now, called at dealers this morning to get an update. Pulled into the car park, whoops mind the transporter, YEHEEEEEEEEE. there was my baby sitting on the transporter waiting to be off loaded. Delivery day 11am 2nd April..... Must remember to put a reminder on the calendar so that I do not forget. Might even tie a knot in my handkerchief !!!!!!!!! LONG WAIT GETTING SHORTER - there is a light at the end of the rainbow......... A Daytona GREY one.. well A3 infact.:hubbahubba::yahoo:

I will not be baited :zen:

Dealer called this morning, Code 39 !!!!!

<taps foot>

Quick question re finance/PCP

Have any of you doing finance or PCP had to go in ahead of handover day, to sign finance paperwork? Dealer suggested that changed to FSA rules meant that you have to go "in good time" ahead of handover, to sign agreement etc.

I am collecting mine in 43hrs and 20mins and dealer emailed my paperwork on Tuesday which was signed and returned to him yesterday without me going into the dealers at all.

The state of ZEN is certainly not working for you!!!!!!!

No...no...do not reply.............I.....I can't help myself.................no don't.......be the bigger man.........do not respond....................
...........................................................AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..................................................where's my motor ??!!!:scared2: