BW 10, 11, 12, 13

Doesn't look like mine made it on the train - I didn't order White ! :think:

I don't think all the cars on the train are white. It's just the covers used to protect them on the journey :)

Ingolstadt to Emden

I wonder how the A3 Saloons and Cabriolets get from Gyor in Hungary to Emden. Do they go direct or via Ingolstadt. There are a number of trains each day from Gyor to Ingolstadt carrying completed TTs and engines.

No doubt if the cars were being built in the UK they would all be transported by road based car transporters !!

Mine is on the train - I've changed the order to white :lmfao:

Reactions: veeeight
Those full body transport covers are only afforded to A8, S8 and R8 models.

Mere mortal models get lesser sticky plastic, and even then, not full panel coverage. They do get a fabric roof protector though.

2gnqhMW.jpg

KYcM0LI.jpg

Reactions: Joetidman and warren_S5
:yahoo: Dealer just contacted me 'My Baby' has been born, built last week, it is currently sitting at Emden awaiting to go onto a ship bound for Grimsby.... getting a little more excited now....

Last edited:
Those full body transport covers are only afforded to A8, S8 and R8 models.

Mere mortal models get lesser sticky plastic, and even then, not full panel coverage. They do get a fabric roof protector though.

2gnqhMW.jpg

KYcM0LI.jpg

I assume the top picture showing the TTs are ones that have come back from final assembly in Gyor. The bodies are made in Ingolstadt, shipped (or should that be trained) to Gyor where final assembly takes place and then they are 'trained' back to Ingolstadt for distribution.

I assume the top picture showing the TTs are ones that have come back from final assembly in Gyor. The bodies are made in Ingolstadt, shipped (or should that be trained) to Gyor where final assembly takes place and then they are 'trained' back to Ingolstadt for distribution.

Yes I think thats how it works, I don't think Gyor is set up for logistically dealing with final distribution.

Does anybody know how long cars usually sit at Emden before they are loaded onto UK bound ships?

Does anybody know how long cars usually sit at Emden before they are loaded onto UK bound ships?

Mine was sitting at the docks waiting to be shipped on the 12th and has just arrived in the UK today.

Well, after contacting the finance company I'm bowing out from this thread - my car was actually built in week 9, is in the UK and on its way to the dealers woohoo! It was brought forward 1 week hehe.

Had call from Audi earlier - car being built today or tomorrow. Their ETA is still end of April but I'd love to get it before Easter weekend!

Car is at sheerness awaiting a transporter.

This is the flowchart that VW use, I don't think the Audi chart differs that much:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

So my S3 Saloon went to code 30 last Thursday :). Does anyone know (or have experience) of how long it takes to go through each code, or at least get from ex-factory to dealer pick-up? Be good to exstimate my pickup date...

My car was at the port of exit on the 12th March, on the ship 17th March and awaiting transporter to dealer this morning - I hope that helps in some way!

Reactions: Joetidman
what information do you have to provide Audi CS with for them to be able to find your order?

First call I had nothing but my name, address and dealer but that lead to my order number being found which I used next subsequent call.

My dealer has just confirm that my new A3 has been built is on it's way to Emden.

Reactions: 5pot, 0B1001001, jbs2472 and 1 other person
Congratulations! Now you have to wait only a little bit more ;)

Well that was a depressing phone call, just been informed that my change from Amalfi White to Monsoon Grey has now shifted my order back a month to Build Week 19 so expecting delivery end of May instead of end of April.

Well that was a depressing phone call, just been informed that my change from Amalfi White to Monsoon Grey has now shifted my order back a month to Build Week 19 so expecting delivery end of May instead of end of April.

Damn, that's bad luck.

Mine is at Code 38.

Dealer reckons it could be at Emden for some while yet as its busy. :(

Mine is at Code 38.

Dealer reckons it could be at Emden for some while yet as its busy. :(

Emden is always busy! Which UK port will your A3 being coming in to - Grimsby or Tyne.

Build Week 13 for me apparently, hoping to get it by Easter but might be a little ambitious?

The new Grimsby River Terminal:

y8fiR1z.jpg

Who ordered White?

bVpe3pG.jpg

Reactions: h5djr and Blu-iTT
..........the tension is building, where is the 'play button' I want to see my ice silver drive off that ship:search:

Reactions: h5djr and veeeight