BW 10, 11, 12, 13

veeeight

I am a very pretty girl
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone else in Build Weeks 10, 11, 12 or 13?

I thought we could lump together in this thread to track, anticipate and excite over!

Mine is BW11, which is this week, so I'm hoping for a call from the dealer today to say it's been built!

Handover hopefully beginning of April.

Mine was last week. On march 7 i was notified by Audi Class my car was in production. I ordered on Feb 1.

I have an A3 Saloon 1.4 COD on order - BW11... Fingers crossed for 31/3 delivery (my birthday) :)

Mines build week 12, so bits thrown together next week!

Mine was build week 11 but was built last week and awaiting shipment from the docks

How frequently are you being kept updated by your dealers? Last communication I had was two weeks ago confirming build will be on 17th March.

Weekly - ish

Had a call on Monday saying although I was still scheduled for BW11, it was still Code 20.
So he was going to check Friday (today) and give me a call later

This is the flowchart that VW use, I don't think the Audi chart differs that much:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

How frequently are you being kept updated by your dealers? Last communication I had was two weeks ago confirming build will be on 17th March.

Just when I phone him. I didn't was updated for is own will :ermm:

Have been updated very regularly from in production, built and in docks awaiting shipping.

It's a shame we can't track this ourselves online...

Reactions: j16jrf
Mine is build week 11 - the dealer e-mailed me last week to confirm it was due to be built this week. Just imagining the wheels are being bolted on now..................:w00t:

You can self-track via a website if you buy a VW (or a BMW), but apparently the customer side of the tracking isn't too accurate.

And I think Audi are introducing customer tracking for the USA/Canada

Mine was bw11 but it's now bw13 :(
Dealer has emailed me weekly to let me know

Mines is build week 12. Ordered my s3 towards the end of November. Not long left now!

It's a shame we can't track this ourselves online...

It is. My assistant at work just got a Citroen DS3 but during the whole process she had access to an online portal to check its status.

I doubt it would be difficult to do - Audi UK obviously has an insight system to monitor this all but guess there is a cost to bring a front end system to the customer.

Still stuck on build week 16 but ordered literally a couple of days in to the new year. Hopefully might get pulled foward a bit more as originally started on build week 20!

I get updates every couple of weeks

Last edited:

My dealer doesn't update me at all, though I'm not too bothered as if I want an update, I just give Audi CS a call.

What do you need if you call Audi CS?
Order number? What else?

Audi CS can give you an update from just knowing the Audi Order no: This is normally an 8 digit number and is printed on the Vehicle Detail form if you were given a copy by your dealer. If not just ask them for the number.

The dealer can also easily log in to the Audi computer system to see the current status. I just email whoever is the Sales Administration person at the dealers. They have this system open on their computer most of the day. You can usually find out who that is from the "Our Team - Sales" section on their website.

I'm lucky with my order as my dealer placed an order for a 2.0TDI-184 Sportback on 11 December 2013 and I have 'taken over' that order and my A3 will be built next week (wk 12) so should be here in about a month's time. My current 8P Sportback took 20 weeks back in 2012.

BW11 and mine left factory yesterday (had popped into dealer to sort part ex).

Just got off the phone to Audi CS
Who confirmed it is at Production Point 8 (Zählpunkt 8)

Could well be a Friday car then !!! :lmfao:

Mine is BW 11, this week, hope my baby has been 'born' by now!!!!!! updates from the dealer has been poor until now, I have had to do the calling. But was advised that from now on that was Saturday that they would keep me informed. Will be ringing tomorrow if I don't hear anything.

Could well be a Friday car then !!! :lmfao:

Could be worse - might have been a Monday car!!!!!! But don't think in this day an age it makes a lot of difference, I assume that they are building them 7 days a week 24-7????

Reactions: veeeight
Build week 15 before I changed the order for exclusive paint and its changed to 28 - I was expecting a delay though as the dealer had primed me before I made the decision to change.

Oooo exclusive paint, which colour? Sprint blue at a guess? I can understand the change to bw28, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait tho:)

No not Sprint :)

I had that on my previous 8P S3 so couldnt stomach having to "pay" for it this time.

So I was left with a choice between Sepang, Nogaro or Riviera - its a suprise :thumbsup:

I would have thought Racing Blue Mica would have made the shortlist :)

Reactions: RAPS3
Why do I think Ive read somewhere that you went for Nogaro? Hmm weird de ja vu moment

Mine was Build Week 10 - last week. It is a PCP aquisition and is being supplied by Audi Inchape. Other than "expect it mid-March", I really have no other information and it is doing my head in. It has not been financed through Audi but would have expected the same kind of communication that members on this forum receive from their Dealers. Other than my "case number" with the finance company and their word that my car was bw10, I have nothing else to go on. The finance company are ok with emails but they seem reluctant to give me an "estimated delivery date" other than mid-March.

How should I proceed?

Ring Audi Inchape. It will be them that will be doing the PDI and handover, after all.

They should be able to tell you where the car is, and even supply you the order number - then you can call Audi CS daily for updates!

That sounds like a plan but which Inchape Dealer do I contact?

Just read your response, thank you. The main reason I posted was that my car has been built allegedly BW10 AND that I am buying via PCP. I have written umteen emails to the financing company, which have always been replied to promptly and efficiently. The key difference though, as compared with other members is that the car remains in the ownership of the PCP Company, which in my case is not Audi. I have gone through a third party financing company and do not want to get their backs up by constantly pressuring them.

So may I ask if anyone has bought a new Audi via a 3rd party financing company and what their experiences have been? I wrote an email yesterday evening asking them to provide the order number and the actual Inchape dealership supplying the car - it will be interesting to hear what they say. They are tending to keep things close to their chest but they are bugging me in so far as things are taking longer than I was first advised. By that I mean it was only 10 days ago that I learned my car was being built BW10. They have a good reputation so I do not want to get on the wrong side of them but it appears that if you pay cash/via bank loan or HP you have more of a say with Audi.

It's on the train !! :)

MMeBe98.jpg

Reactions: h5djr
Doesn't look like mine made it on the train - I didn't order White ! :think: