1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Tyres...(another thread, sorry)

I'mRonBurgundy? Feb 25, 2008

1. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

Michelin Pilot Exalto or Sport 225/40/ZR18.

Any idea how much I should (or could) be paying? Bromley Audi have quoted me £160 all in which is surprisingly £40 cheaper than Kwik-Fit and £30 cheaper then a local independent (bugger me!).

Cheers
    Ron

2. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

I was quoted £250 each for 235/35/19 Michelins yesterday and almost fainted :w00t:

Gone with Goodyear F1 Asymmetric at £180 a corner.

It really depends what kind of quality tyre you want to go for, i'm a fan of Toyo Proxies but was told they were on 2 week backorder so went with the Goodyears.

I'd say £160 is fairly high bracket for that size tyre as it's a fairly common size now.

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

mytyres are doing the exalto's and sports for £136 without fitting so I'd say £160 isn;t a million miles off by the time you have them fitted.

I'm about to have a pair of bridgestone RE050's fitted in the same size, mystyres are £106 a tyre and I am paying another £25 to have them fitted for the pair.

J.

4. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

I ended up buying the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics for mine, got 4 x 275/30/19 for £600 delivered.

5. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

Thanks guys.

I would like to change to Goodyear as I've read good things about them but seeing as the other 3 tyres are Michelins and they've only done 1k each I'd like to keep it uniform until I need to change a pair.

6. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

Bargain! :icon_thumright:

7. tmint

tmint Member

i got two michelin pilot sports off blackcircles.com they sent them through to my local protyre an i saved bout £90 iirc. Were £135 each instead of £180

8. rich1068

rich1068 Member

Here's a tip. Whatever brand you decide on. If the fitter says that there's hardly anything in it between W and Y rated and 'It'll be alright', walk away. They were recommended but I don't think I'll be using them again.