Buying S3 Advice!

Hitty86

Reaction score
Hi folks im new here been recommended by a friend who owns an S3

Right im looking into buying an S3. I Currently drive a Renault Clio Sport 172 and to be honest im pretty bored of it after only 6months!!

So just wanting to know what to look out for when buying an S3??

ill be looking for one in the 5-6k area, I have finance on the Clio so has to be a garage to! :keule:.. yes ill probably loose loads but think it will be worth it :uhm:

Thanks,
Mark!

Hey Mark welcome to the site! Im sure some of the guys will give you some pointers but have a look through some of the recent 'buying advice' threads too to give you an idea.

Hi folks im new here been recommended by a friend who owns an S3

Right im looking into buying an S3. I Currently drive a Renault Clio Sport 172 and to be honest im pretty bored of it after only 6months!!

So just wanting to know what to look out for when buying an S3??

ill be looking for one in the 5-6k area, I have finance on the Clio so has to be a garage to! :keule:.. yes ill probably loose loads but think it will be worth it :uhm:

Thanks,
Mark!

Hi Mark, Welcome to the Site!

If you managed to get bored of your 172 in 6 months mate, I fear you will get bored of an S3 in 6 days lol. I highly recommend you take a test drive first before making your decision. The S3 is not a bad car, a great all rounder infact, but it's not as fun to drive as a Clio 172 in my opinion. :racer:

Hi Mark, Welcome to the Site!

If you managed to get bored of your 172 in 6 months mate, I fear you will get bored of an S3 in 6 days lol. I highly recommend you take a test drive first before making your decision. The S3 is not a bad car, a great all rounder infact, but it's not as fun to drive as a Clio 172 in my opinion. :racer:

I was going to post something similar, the S3 is a great car but IMO its not a fun car like a true hot hatch.

Give one a test drive though and see what you think, I love mine :salute:

The Clio is a hoot to drive, like others have said the S3 is no sports car. It's fairly quick, looks nice enough and has great seats. Take one for a test drive you might love it, but it's a different animal to the 172. Also be prepared for the crappiest xenons known to mankind especially after coming from the Clio.

Some fair comments there yes the clio is fun to drive! especially on country lanes and twisty roads but its very buzzy on the motorway at 70mph.
But after driving around in a Fabia vRS for over a year i miss the comfort and built quality of a VAG car :(

here she is btw :)
n542147480_1822813_2754.jpg

Nice Clio Hitty and welcome!

I'll be selling my S3 soon unfortunately to help finance house move etc, here's a pic:

PICT0068.jpg

I'll be looking for around £6k for it and its got a very rare spec, let me know if you want more pics and details.

Cheers

Yaz