1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying from an audi dealer... Questions

jwhat Mar 23, 2007

1. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

Hey guys

I've been looking on this site for a while now and i think that i have now found a car that i want... A 2004 A4 1.9TDI Sport in Dolphin Gray with a black leather interior. Ok to get to the point, i live over the water in Ireland and this car is in Wolverhamption Audi, do i need to get a HPI check and/or an RAC inspection? It is an approved Audi so are these things already done? or needed at all? :think: Any help would be appreciated
    the site rocks by the way :arco:

Thanks

2. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

If its a main dealer, then its already done.

(and if it isn't, you have somewhere to go and kick some arse...)

3. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

As far as warranty goes, the Audi approved scheme is quite strict and is like buying the car new but only comes with a one year warranty unless there is warranty left from new.
    Already had a couple of silly things done on my 53 cabriolet by the Audi dealer under the warranty with NO problems at all.

Thats ultimately why you pay a little more from an Audi dealer rather than a used car dealer.

Andy

4. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate the quick responce and it's put my mind at ease for paying a little more to buy from audi.

5. terrysingh

terrysingh Member

hi, i just had my a4 serviced and was enquirering about a 2006 a4 tdi auto avant s-line they had, i was a demo car, with 2000miles on it, for £21000, guess what... later that day browsing ebay saw the same car at the same dealers for £18500????? hummm make you think???? my advise do you some checks if you not buying a brand new car, even a exdemo!

6. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

Did you go back and buy it at that price then ? :think: :laugh:

7. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed! VCDS Map User

well, did you?

8. terrysingh

terrysingh Member

no they said my car would be hard for them to sell due to the mods, and where offering a very low part ex price as they'ed sent it to auction, but the sales guy did offer 0% finance..... i did explain the only non standard parts where the wheels and shocks which only add £30 to my insurance,

decided i'll wait till next year and go for a a6, had one as a loan car during the service, very impressed....