1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying dilema!

vorsprung dork Jan 31, 2012

1. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

its been a while since i have been online due to being made redundant in may last year i sold my 2.5 tdi sport estate to my brother! unfortunatley this was a big mistake because i found a job straight away! i have the funds now to afford a new car the problem is i test drove a 2006 3.0 tdi a6 last week and was totaly dissapointed with the build quality! i hate the styling of the b7 avant! looked at a 58 plate 2.0 tdi s line estate today to be frank nice looking car (red) but used values at the moment are way over priced! i nearly bought it then i thought back to my 2.5 and reckon that is the best car for me! so if anyone is thinking of selling a good quality 2.5 avant either 2 wd or quattro i would be very intrested!

2. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

good luck its the right choice

3. haytch75

haytch75 Member

Congratulations on the work situation. Lovely cars. Hold out for a Quattro though mate.

4. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

THANKS! Lads! been off work for a week now on holiday! ive been online every day trawling the net for a suitable car but seems to me they are getting rare! im willing to pay good money for the right car! i have walked away from 4 cars this week! im going to put a wanted add on this site and hope it bears fruit because ive looked at a lot of newer cars and nothing floats my boat! the wife wants me to go for a 08 merc c class estate!!!! but what does she know! so hear it is! im looking for a low mileage 2.5 tdi 2 wd or quattro pref with 6 speed manual pref with a a factory fitted gmbh body kit standard car( wheeels or remap no problem or even slight mods) i would consider an 51 52 53 car with a vortex kit but must be totaly mint! cash waiting for the right car!

5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

6. vorsprung dork

vorsprung dork Member

belive me ive looked mate! for instance that 2.5 quattro on ebay in silver i have been to see it and its a shead bad rust to front arches big ding in drivers door doesnt sound good running! the bloke/ garage selling it said it was mint said there were 2 keys and loads of other waffel just to get me there i told him over the phone i wanted a near perfect car total waste of time and fuel going to see it! and this seems to be the way its been with all the cars i have looked at! im asking people on hear to sell because i know they care about there motors so should get a good one!