Buying brake calipers and what is this wheel???

Veseli1094

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have audi a6 4.2 v8 from 2009 and i am wondering where i can buy nice used big cheap brake calipers for my car because i have this wheels 19 inch and i love them but i need nice and big brake caliper not this factory small one

And by the way is this wheels are BBS or something else?

And one more question i have some little cosmetic damage on wheels that i want to repair and dont know how

Attachments

• IMG_2135.PNG
    IMG_2135.PNG
    537.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2136.PNG
    IMG_2136.PNG
    997.3 KB · Views: 128
Prior to all, I would change the wheels, if you looking for that.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/cades/artemis/black-polished/19-inch

Similar that what you posted in the picture. 8 Y spokes as to 7 but still polished.

After that you can start thinking of the brake upgrade as you'll know what space you have.
Find out your current size and what you can increase it to.

Any wheel damage/curb have to be sanded down, filled with alu filler, and painted. Like with scratches and the bodywork.

Tnx i will look for wheels in future months when i can i will buy them

But right now i want to know where (sites or something) i can buy big brake calipers for my cars (ofc i will watch out for space in wheels). Brake calipers or complete kit can be used little.

And it will be good to know is this my wheels are bbs or something else because i want to replace that audi center hub cap on them

picture of my wheels is not so good but they are 19 inch and almost in perfect shape (just some little scratch here and there)

Don't know on the wheel.

Seen Porsche or Brembo calipers fitted onto Audi's. Depends on space and personal preference, I would imagine.

Available on eBay or here, in Classified section. Some users sale wicked brake sets.

Reactions: Veseli1094
kriskrk tnx alot
and now i am considering to buy some new wheels from that page ;)

Reactions: KrisKrk
I've read a few posts around various forums that seem to suggest that the brembo 17zl / 17zr calipers used on the Porsche Cayenne amongst others can be used. I am not sure if brackets would be required to fit them though.

The S6 calipers on the eBay listing look remarkably similar to the standard calipers on my A6, although the rotors being larger means the caliper must be too I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk