buying audi paint

*Müllërz

REVOlutionary
Reaction score
Hi I need some help with getting a audi paint code l8au. Where can I get this from in west yorks? Do audi sell it to the public. Thanks for any help in advance

I know it may sound like I'm being sarcastic, but have you tried a main dealership ? - the prices are okay with paint touch-up stuff

Any mobile auto repair set up will match the paint for you from the paint code and maybe even from the paint itself if it's a bit old and weathered.

Might cost a bit though !!

Rattle tins from carpaintuk ltd are perfect £9.60 for a large can
just give them your paint code .They courier or local delivery is available
there in Liverpool

Just out of interest, how do I find out what the paint code is for my car? Is there a wee plate somewhere with the info on it like on other cars? I've looked in the usual places like door shuts, under the bonnet and checked the wee label under the carpet boot but can't seem to find it. My car is red but don't know if it's missano red or something else. i was parked next to a red A4 the other week and it was a slightly different red.

Sorry for the thread jack.

yup, code is both in boot sticker & in the front cover of the service book. I've had quite a few bits done on my car & the guy said he got the 'right stuff' so it was bit more pricey - must say, i have 53 plate & match is perfect.

Sorry, I've had:

facelift bonnet
S3 bumper
tailgate, rear S3/sline bumper, sline defuser, sline/S3 spoiler

All done by a Ford owned bodyshop guy that a friend of mine recommended & while i'm sure i could have got cheaper elsewhere the quality has been OEM & perfect.

I've used panits4u before and match has been spot on.

so i have found out l8au is only available in paint yet as it is still new...or i could pay £250 for the powder to be matched exactly.
I know that powder coating is alot better in the long run but i may end up getting them painted now
What are the differences other than the obvious ones and pros and cons?