Buying An A3 From Norwich Union Cars

johnnyc

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy a A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S Line DSG with cruise.

I have had several quotes from dealers with the best being £21,500K.

Drivethedeal are offering £20,500

Norwich Union Cars are offering £19,200 (factory built!).

Firstly anyother places that could possible beat this and secondly has anyone had experience (good or bad) with Norwich Union Cars?

My father bought a car from oneswoop before the tie up with NU. Highly recommended, no worries.

What sort of discount are you getting in terms of %. Anything around 8% off the OTR figure is a good for a Sportback.

If that is genuine for a factory built Sportback, I'd bite their hand off quick mate!

Better make sure they haven't made a mistake, it's about double what anyone has had before!

I'd expect the discounts on the 3dr to go up just prior to facelift, but a deal like that on a Sportback would be incredible.

If it is genuine, you have yourself a storming deal! Congratulations!

I can't seem to select the A3 sportback on the oneswoop or NU site. Am I being a stupid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I had to email them to get a written quote. As I couldn't find it on the site either.

With regards to Price I have double checked with them that it is the right price for the spec.

I'll put in an order tomorrow before they increase the price!

Sorry about this what was the spec that you ordered did you have to spend a great deal of bread to get that discount?

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S Line DSG with cruise

They have quoted me £19,200

Are you looking to get one too??

[ QUOTE ]
I can't seem to select the A3 sportback on the oneswoop or NU site. Am I being a stupid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No mate, the site wouldn't let me either, just lets you select A2, A4 and so on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hacz, is it Oneswoop or do Norwich Union have another site to order from? If they do, could you post the web address. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Got a re quote this morning at exactly the same price as before for the car but a £10 increase for roadfund tax.

I still can't believe the price!!

Congratulations on finding such a good price .... I suggest you accept the increase of £10 ..... probably not worth looking around or haggling over that !!!

I just phoned Norwich Union (0800 783 1276) per the web site & was told have VERY limited stock of certain cars (2.0 turbo FSI I think he said) eg, a stock of 2 or 3 cars only. These cars would apparently be subject to a 2 or 3 week lead time.

They are looking to get other Audi A3's in the future & he suggested I monitor web site or phone in a week or so. He suggested these future cars would be subject to 16 week lead time.

Last week "drive the deal" price was slightly down on a previous quote I'd had from them & discount did equal 10% (albeit for a car with quite a few options).

Does anyone else have any experience of prices slightly dropping ... should I hold out for prices to fall further .... ??!

Richard