1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying An A3 From Norwich Union Cars

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by johnnyc, Apr 10, 2005.

1. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

Hi

I'm looking to buy a A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S Line DSG with cruise.

I have had several quotes from dealers with the best being £21,500K.

Drivethedeal are offering £20,500

Norwich Union Cars are offering £19,200 (factory built!).

Firstly anyother places that could possible beat this and secondly has anyone had experience (good or bad) with Norwich Union Cars?
  2. cdb2

cdb2 Member

My father bought a car from oneswoop before the tie up with NU. Highly recommended, no worries.
  3. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

thanks for the feedback!
  4. cdb2

cdb2 Member

What sort of discount are you getting in terms of %. Anything around 8% off the OTR figure is a good for a Sportback.
  5. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

They are giving me 16.4% off ROTR
  6. cdb2

cdb2 Member

If that is genuine for a factory built Sportback, I'd bite their hand off quick mate!

Better make sure they haven't made a mistake, it's about double what anyone has had before!

I'd expect the discounts on the 3dr to go up just prior to facelift, but a deal like that on a Sportback would be incredible.

If it is genuine, you have yourself a storming deal! Congratulations!
  7. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

I can't seem to select the A3 sportback on the oneswoop or NU site. Am I being a stupid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  8. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

I had to email them to get a written quote. As I couldn't find it on the site either.

With regards to Price I have double checked with them that it is the right price for the spec.

I'll put in an order tomorrow before they increase the price!
  9. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

Sorry about this what was the spec that you ordered did you have to spend a great deal of bread to get that discount?
  10. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S Line DSG with cruise

They have quoted me £19,200

Are you looking to get one too??
  11. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[ QUOTE ]
    I can't seem to select the A3 sportback on the oneswoop or NU site. Am I being a stupid? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No mate, the site wouldn't let me either, just lets you select A2, A4 and so on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  12. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Hacz, is it Oneswoop or do Norwich Union have another site to order from? If they do, could you post the web address. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  13. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

Got a re quote this morning at exactly the same price as before for the car but a £10 increase for roadfund tax.

I still can't believe the price!!
  14. imported_rdlh

imported_rdlh Guest

Congratulations on finding such a good price .... I suggest you accept the increase of £10 ..... probably not worth looking around or haggling over that !!!

I just phoned Norwich Union (0800 783 1276) per the web site & was told have VERY limited stock of certain cars (2.0 turbo FSI I think he said) eg, a stock of 2 or 3 cars only. These cars would apparently be subject to a 2 or 3 week lead time.

They are looking to get other Audi A3's in the future & he suggested I monitor web site or phone in a week or so. He suggested these future cars would be subject to 16 week lead time.

Last week "drive the deal" price was slightly down on a previous quote I'd had from them & discount did equal 10% (albeit for a car with quite a few options).

Does anyone else have any experience of prices slightly dropping ... should I hold out for prices to fall further .... ??!

Richard