1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an A3 2.0 TDI PF 170 Quattro - any potential issues to look out for?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Pipsqueak, May 12, 2013.

1. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Member

Evening all. I currently have an A3 2.0 tdi sport BKD FROM 2004. This is my second one and have been pretty happy with both of them but i know about all the potential problems with a BKD engined A3 of this age. However I have a chance at getting an A3 2.0-TDI DPF 170PS Quattro on a 2008 plate with 30000 on the clock. My question is are there any issues to be aware of with this model as I don't know anything about them. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  2. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

The DPF itself being the biggest issue :laugh:
  3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor

Good cars mate with good torque and performance figures for what it is. As N8 stated the only biggie is the DPF but having only 30k I wouldnt expect it to have any issues. Find out what kind of driving it has done....i.e town/city driving only or a mixture as this will make a huge difference as cars that are driven in towns only suffer more with DPF problems as they have no chance to regenerate when full.
  4. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Injectors and dpf, but if you argue with audi dealers and threaten them by saying your going to report them to vosa for not carrying out recalls they will replace injectors for free lol
  5. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Member

Thanks for the advice. Can the DPF be removed. I do town driving mostly
  6. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Member

I'dheard about the injector problem before but the car is at a main dealer so hopefully they did the recall
  7. immo

immo Stop me

I've got an '06 170 BMN engine, took it in to Audi for a healthcheck last month and they said please book in to have your injectors changed (free recall) or we get penalised by Audi. ^_^Improved my mpg by up to 10...
  8. dazjones

dazjones New Member

Im unsure if mine has had the injectors done, hw can i find out? I recently had some work done at dealers would they of mentioned it to me if it hadnt had the injector recall?
  9. immo

immo Stop me

From what I was led to believe yes they would have told you, as it flashes up on their system against your reg. They should be able to tell if/when it was done.
  10. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

would be awesome if it came with s-tronic