1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying advice please

paulsb May 22, 2010

1. paulsb

paulsb Member

I'm going to buy a 02 A4 3.0Q Sport on monday and i was just wondering if there is any i should look out for? I know all the usal things to check for, it's just specific problems with the engine and the quattro 4WD running gear i need help with.

Any info would be helpful.

2. fazanders

fazanders New Member

I bought one couple of months back and was expecting a few bits to do but the £700~ for the front cat pipe hurt a bit. It was cracked and blowing slightly but also one of the 2 cats in the pipe was falling apart inside so had to be replaced :( Worth a listen to make sure its not blowing up front!

3. paulsb

paulsb Member

i'll add it to my list when i give it a good check over.

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

How did you get on with this?

5. paulsb

paulsb Member

not too bad. the only problem i have with it are the alloys look like someone has took an angle grinder to them and the bumpers need a respray but i was going to put 18" rs4's and the ultra sport body kit on anyway so not to bothered about those. apart from that, it's just needing a good oil, brake service and the right hand cat replaced.

Last edited: May 30, 2010