1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying advice for S4

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by beanoir, Jan 11, 2011.

1. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

Hi all,

I'm currently looking about for an S4, (changed my mind from the M3!) to add to the stable.

Are there any particular issues I should be aware of on these cars when looking at them, are there any well known problems or expensive items that it should have had sorted/replaced at certains times in life?

Thanks in advance!
  2. TWO2TUF

TWO2TUF THE STIG!!

just check that there are no lights on the dashboard like traction and abs light as it is common on S4's, check that it as been serviced regulary basis, check for gear syncro problems if its manual, listen for any knocks or bangs, try all the functions of the car to see if they are working as they should like the electric seats etc and lastly if there are any oil leaks from the engine bay so on, go for one buddy as they are really nice sort after motors pure luxury and sports
  3. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

Thanks.

I'll look at a few in the next week or so, although I feel this may take a while trying to find the right one as there aren't many around, and even fewer that match what i'm after in terms of spec and age etc. Still, there's no rush.
  4. Abb

Abb Member

Hi, have you managed to take the plunge?? Have just started my search for one, and to say they are few and far between with the spec I want (on a cabriolet) is an understatement!! If you have managed to source one, how is it to live with as an everyday motor?? Running costs etc.
    Cheers