1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A3: Help needed!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by mdre83, Jul 6, 2008.

1. mdre83

mdre83 Member

I'm currently looking at buying another A3 in the not to distant future however, I have a few questions... (apoligies as it's a bit long winded)

DSG & DSG S-Tronic, whats the difference?

As the BOSE sound system is enough for me, would I be better finding a car with it already fitted for ease of fitting and cost?
    Also, I' will eventually want to install the RNS-E. Again, will I be better finding an A3 which already has double din HU fitted and will this work ok with the BOSE?

Is it worth going for the 170 and/or quattro? (I understand that the MPG is slightly effected with the quattro)

Has anyone any experience having a 3 door and kids? I'm leaning more towards the sportback for this reason.

If anyone comes across a one for sale, please post link :)
    Would like Misarno red, but not essential.

Many thanks for your time.
  2. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

DSG / Stronic are the same thing, BOSE is not worth the hassel of retro fitting, and if you want to go fro the RSN E then you are better off finfing something with the symphony although it can be retro fitted to double din. With links to others ... how much are you wanting to spend ?
  3. mdre83

mdre83 Member

PM Sent mate...

4. erisaman

erisaman New Member

As stated, DSG and S-Tronic are the same, the names having changed from DSG to the latter. But if you want Quattro then you can't have the DSG/S-Tronic - they don't do them in the A3/Sportback range. We have the Sportback (2.0TFSI -DSG) and it's perfect for the grandchildren in child seats etc. We'd find it difficult to access the seats in our A3 (2.0TDI DSG S-Line). The children are currently 2 year old (twins).
  5. mdre83

mdre83 Member

We have a baby due later in the year, so I think the Sportback is going to be the better option. Just finding one now... :)

If anyone has any pics of there Sportback, please post links :thumbsup: