Buying a rattle can in the correct colour?

TimG

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get paint mixed or pre-mixed in the colour code for your car?

I remember having some paint mixed my Halfords when I had my Polo and although they used the code to mix it, it turned out that there were 7 different shades under that one code! Needless to say it was nowhere near the correct colour!

Do Audi sell a rattle can pre mixed? (Although not sure how that might avoid the above issue!).

Don't worry, I'm not painting anything big myself
wink.gif

Audi do sell it and should be able to get the right shade from your year and paint code...

I went to an independent paint supplier recommended by a local spray shop and they offered to make it up as water based or solvent.

A touch up pot (bigger than usual) was a tenner, and think rattle can was about £15.

i wouldn't even dream of going to halfrauds for paint its crap at best , as warren said go to a paint supplier and they can match it perfectly for you , I've never had a problem doing this and it might save you a few ££ doing it that way matey

Didnt see them mate, they had to order in. I left it today as I wanted to work out how big 250ml was before I ordered. I dont actually want that much paint, just dont want to be ripped off in the process!

yeah of course mate , what is it your doing touch ups or spraying something ? if its just touch ups then go to a paint supplier I'm sure they will be cheaper than audi will be

I want to colour code the rear badge mate so I dont need much. Be nice to have some for stone chips etc in the future though :)