BUYING A HIGH MILEAGE Q7

quattro25years

Reaction score
Hi,

i am looking to buy a q7 , there are some high mileage ones on auto trader,

Black s line 3.0 tdi, it has 124000 miles on it priced at £14995.00

should I be put of by the miles , and steer well clear ? According to the add it,has a Full Service history , one owner etc.

its for sale in Salisbury (not to far to travel as live quite close) at the Elite Carriage company.

To a lot of people It would seem crazy to,spend that amount of money with 124000 miles on the clock .

does any one out there have a high mileage q7 when good / bad experiences .

thanks in advance .

Have to say I would not spend 15K on a car with 124K on the clock. I know the 3.0 is a good engine, but it's shifting 2 tone of metal around, and it's not very quick at do it so you have to drive it quite hard. I would try and find the 4.2 if you can stretch to it.

Also you have not said how old it is, a 2006 car at 12k a year should have around 72k on the clock, so it's nearly double that.

Early Q7's upto 2008 had very thirsty 3.0 Tdi engines, I know I had one and at £145 per tank they are an expesive car to run.

Also they can be known to scrub tyres every 5K and at around £1500 a time that is also a dear car. Mine was ok, I regularly got 20k a set, but I have heard horror stories because of poor suspension setups. Mine had the suspension mod done which is why it was OK.

Great comfy car to drive, plenty of room although lacking storage space. Glovebox is laughable.

Also you have not said how old it is, a 2006 car at 12k a year should have around 72k on the clock, so it's nearly double that.

Early Q7's upto 2008 had very thirsty 3.0 Tdi engines, I know I had one and at £145 per tank they are an expesive car to run.

Also they can be known to scrub tyres every 5K and at around £1500 a time that is also a dear car. Mine was ok, I regularly got 20k a set, but I have heard horror stories because of poor suspension setups. Mine had the suspension mod done which is why it was OK.

Great comfy car to drive, plenty of room although lacking storage space. Glovebox is laughable.

The car is on a 56 plate. , want to stick to 3.0 tdi
tdi

You said early q7s up to 2008 had very thirsty engines , I thought they were all the same ?

with regards to the suspension mod , where did u get this done ?

My budget is 17000 ,and want black or lava grey choice is quite limited.

There have been 4 versions of the 3.0 Tdi in the Q7 from 2006 to 2013, from 2006 to 2008 they had the old 235 PSI block, I found it very lumpy and heavy on juice, I drove a 240 PS 2008 model with a better gearbox and it was much more responsive and smoother.

The suspension mod was actually a recall where the geometry was adjusted and the air suspension ride height settings were changed, they say the best way is drive in dynamic as it lowers the car causing less lean and scrub on the tyres.

Yes, forgot to mention that it was a recall, mine was already done when I bought it. You can check with Audi by giving them the reg or chassis number and they should be able to tell you if it has been done or been missed.