1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a A4 2.0TDI, go for the S-Line?

andyollie Nov 7, 2005

1. andyollie

andyollie Member

goin for s-line. gonna get leather on it too. any advise on other spec / comments?

2. gizze

gizze Member

Spec I would not be without....

Leather or Alcantara
    Armrest
    interior light package
    auto lights/dipping mirrors/wipers
    Symphony CD (only because you can rip it out and add the DVD Nav cheap when you get bored!)

3. andyollie

andyollie Member

whas the interior light package mate?

4. Anito

Anito Member

The s-line comes with some freebies at the moment as well:

Rear Parking sensors & Phone Prep, if I remember correctly.

5. gizze

gizze Member

The interior light package is small lights all round the cabin, and a couple of red leds by the reading lights in the roof that give a warm glow to the cabing at night. Doesn't sound like much but they are a really nice feature.

6. ElDingo

ElDingo New Member

I have very few options on my S-line A4...

I would have liked the interior light pack and the storage pack - especially the boot liner and hooks.

In retrospect I would not have had the diesel engine (would have had the 1.8T or 2.0T if budget allowed) and I wouldn't have the s-line suspension - it's not too hard, just very bouncy (it feels oversprung and underdamped) and body roll isn't well controlled. (I drove a SE recently and think it's better.)

(....and in another thread I mention that I don't get on with the s-line cloth seats - I hope you find the leather ones are better!)

Cheers,

7. Redavant

Redavant New Member

The free package you get at the moment is; rear parking sensors, load pack, storage pack and rear blinds. If the budget would have allowed I would've gone for DIS and Bose as well. I also went for the 18's 9 spokers as they fill the arch very nicely!