1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burp noise from engine on acceleration

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Meza, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Meza

Meza Member

[Sep 11, 2007]
    Guys, I've got a strange noise that I can't work out on my S3 210bhp.
    When I get back on the gas after changing gear, or when starting to accelerate I get a funny burp kind of noise. The best I can describe it as is a frog doing a croak(?!). Sounds like it could be a dodgy valve, or a plastic panel in the engine bay vibrating against something.

Any ideas?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

[Sep 11, 2007]
    sounds too me like you diverter valve (recirc valve-dump valve) whatever you wanna call it has split,remove the engine cover and you will see it in the righthand side top corner of your engine bay .hope this helps
  4. Meza

Meza Member

[Sep 20, 2007]
    I got a 12 month warranty when I bought the car, does anyone know if I could get this valve replaced under that?
  5. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

[Sep 20, 2007]
    probably not mate,warranty is usually driveline not auxillary,,you could pick up a standard bosch one cheap on ebay,failing that i have one i had fitted on my s3,i replaced it with a bailey valve which is better,but if you want a standard one and you can have mine for £15.
  6. patrick swayze

patrick swayze Member

[Sep 21, 2007]
    yeah thats typically not a warranty piece. you can buy the oem 710 version of the diverter valve which is the more durable of the oem choices.

its relativly common for the stock valve to fail.
  7. Meza

Meza Member

[Oct 22, 2007]
    Ok, I've replaced the OE valve with a Forge 007... but the burp is still there.

I was thinking, if it burps as I get on the power, about 1.5k - could it be the wastegate (is that the valve that shuts/opens to send the exhaust thru the turbo?)?