1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps n Knocks

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dublinS4, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

Can any one point me in the correct direction please? Ive got a 98 s4 with 135k in clock.. Put a few (more than usual) miles on last week and have noticed a few knocks coming from the front and rear... Question is, what suspension components commonly need replacing ??? wishbones, antiroll bars etc.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. macpdm

macpdm Member

bumpstops, ARB bushes and wisbone bushes also ball joints are a few things i can think of

4. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

Taught bump stops were add on items...

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The B5 has 10 balljoints and 12 rubber bushes in the front suspesnsion alone, and all of them will be knackered by now.

Get a complete arm kit for the front and that will make a huge difference. Ideally you'll want to replace all the rear bushes too, but it all gets very pricey.

One thing to note with the front arms, is dont buy **** ones. They'll fail in no time if you do. I'd only use Meyle or Lemforder parts.

Meyle do a complete kit which has all the arms for the front, new rod ends and ARB links, for just over £350. I've just baught and fitted a set for my Avant.

Jason at All German Parts will sort you out.

6. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

Thanks for the feed back chaps