1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps n Knocks

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dublinS4, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    Can any one point me in the correct direction please? Ive got a 98 s4 with 135k in clock.. Put a few (more than usual) miles on last week and have noticed a few knocks coming from the front and rear... Question is, what suspension components commonly need replacing ??? wishbones, antiroll bars etc.....
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. macpdm

macpdm Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    bumpstops, ARB bushes and wisbone bushes also ball joints are a few things i can think of
  4. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    Taught bump stops were add on items...
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 5, 2011]
    The B5 has 10 balljoints and 12 rubber bushes in the front suspesnsion alone, and all of them will be knackered by now.

Get a complete arm kit for the front and that will make a huge difference. Ideally you'll want to replace all the rear bushes too, but it all gets very pricey.

One thing to note with the front arms, is dont buy **** ones. They'll fail in no time if you do. I'd only use Meyle or Lemforder parts.

Meyle do a complete kit which has all the arms for the front, new rod ends and ARB links, for just over £350. I've just baught and fitted a set for my Avant.

Jason at All German Parts will sort you out.
  6. dublinS4

dublinS4 Member

[Dec 5, 2011]
    Thanks for the feed back chaps