1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

Someone mentioned puuting S3 rear bumpers on a A3, can you do the front S3 bumper setup to an A3??

I dont want a S3 but I like the front bumper better, as I want a fog light set up anyways, Im hoping to be able to do this in one go.

2. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

No you cant. The easiest thing to do is get a facelift lower section from VAG Parts with fogs, and then color code the new section but not the grilles.

Rich

3. Drill

Drill Member

IIRC it's much more difficult to fit the S3 front on to the A3 due to the more flared arches on the "S" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

Cool thanks for the sharp quick replys!

5. Drill

Drill Member

No problem, for pics, check out this older thread HERE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

Thanks - Inspired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

7. Drill

Drill Member

Yeah, I had always thought about color-coding my lower front, until I saw CaTFish's, then I KNEW I had to do it (eventually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

8. Drysdale

Drysdale Member

If you do ever decide to fit the S3 bumper (which I may do if I ever get the time and money) then you'll need both wings. Like someone said, its best to get the bottom section with fogs and colour code. Still looks S3-ish with just colour coding, like I've done.

9. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Drysdale said:
    If you do ever decide to fit the S3 bumper (which I may do if I ever get the time and money) then you'll need both wings. Like someone said, its best to get the bottom section with fogs and colour code. Still looks S3-ish with just colour coding, like I've done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you'll be dramatically rolling the rear arches to suit the front ones? Otherwise it will look extremely odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif