Bumper, wing and roof bars removal help

OllyS4

Reaction score
I need to replace the N/S wing on my 99 S4 so can some one please do me step by step on how to remove the front bumper and then the wing?

I need to reline the rear bumper were the last owner took it off could some one also do a step by step on the removal of that?

Also I'm getting the car sprayed and to save money I'm going to take the roof bars off ready for him but how do i do that?

Cheers

S4?
if so:
three torx screws in each wheels arch liner front edge.
pull the fog grills out from the inside edge, on the underside of the bumper bar (top inside of hole now grills are out) you will see a hex bolt running vertically, one on each side.
bumper is no sitting on two front mounting points and the side wing clips. should be able to slide it forward and back and inch or so to show it is loose. if not you have missed a screw in the arch.
don't be tempted to wrench it off at the wings like many DIY's tell you.

Kneel at the right front corner, with your left hand on the back edge in the wheel arch get ready to pull the trailing edge away from the car.
With you right hand and a large flat head screw driver, reach in and you can see the edge of the clip where the bumper side clips onto the wing hanger.
prise the bottom clip open gently so you don't break it.
now pull trailing edge out and it should come away easily without bending anything or breaking the plastic clip.

repeat on the other side. useful to have some card for the bumper to rest on when on the floor. it is pretty flexible.

Do you mean re-ALIGN or re-LINE? if it is align then you can adjust the points it mounts on the wing and on the front posts, its a case of trial and error when it comes to getting it spot on.

Roof bars are a headlining job that I wouldn't touch personally.
need to pull all the associated trim on the pillars and pull the headlining out before getting to the screws,
I hate those jobs as they alwasy break! you can get a kit of interior panel removing tools from machine mart which help, but you still need three hands and eyes on stalks!

good luck

Thanks for thatand yes i do me re-align.
Maybe i'll leave the roof bars then.
Any one know about the wing and rear bumper now?
I know the wing has screws in the bonet area but were else and how do i remove the plastic bit of side trim?

rear bumper is removed through boot, lift carpet, two bolts on either side of wheel well,
similar number of torx screws inside wheel trim arch, no access to side clips so you do have to pull out and down to unclip it, takes some force but they do bend a fair bit.

wing has torx screws all up the inside of the bonnet/bumper and a couple securing the rear edge to the Apillar/door hinge area.

plastic trim is clipped on IIRC, slides and unclips (don;t quote me on that)